No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries March 2019

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    uu

Body Shop Vanilla Brulee Shower Gel - lovely WBA.

sunny_money - I haven't used those pads but do have Emma Hardie microfibre cloths for cleansing and they are very effective, the microfibre grips a bit and really gets makeup off. You don't have to pay silly money for these things though, I only use the EH ones because they came with the cleanser when I used to use it.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    UU Lush Roots Hair Treatment ! I never thought I would get through this product so thanks to this forum for keeping me accountable. Don't think I would buy it again because I didn't feel the urge to use it very often and it went way past it's recommended use by date.

I use face cloths/an Elemis flannel thing and have some reusable cotton pads I purchased from Etsy, they are okay but not amazing, still much better for the environment than cotton pads which I was able to stop purchasing about a year ago now.
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    edited 24 March 2019 at 8:06PM
    Has anyone used Face Halo? Not sure how micro fibre would feel on the face.. :think: Seems like a good idea to reduce single use cotton pads.. I would use 2-3 each time so would have to buy 7 3-packs because they would go in a weekly wash, so that’s approx £120! :eek: A dark wash or light wash though?!

I use a cheaper version from Sephora and love it. Great for travelling first of all. You are not supposed to machine wash after each use though. You wash it with soap and warm water each time then machine wash about once a week maybe. Mine is black so go in with dark wash. Make up eraser is also a good brand and can be found at TK Maxx. Also you save money in long run as you won't need make up removers with it.

1 UU from charity shop, No7 Pamper and Polish gift set. Set contains hand cream, foot cream, foot file, toe separator, 4 way nail buffer and 4 x nail colours. I will probably sell the nail polish but I needed a foot file so for £6 it was a good buy.
    ally.
  • I tossed out the micelluar oil. I persisted with it but it left my skin looking old and wrinkly. I thought better to get rid and use things that make me feel better about myself.

tossed out a la roche posey tester of something or other, (if it does not stick in the mind it shows that it was not special. :)

the Dr. Bronner's 18 in 1 soap I am repurposing from a shampoo to a floor wash. Very effective on the tiles less so on the scalp.

I got rid of a conditioner gathering dust in the bath room

I looked in the pharmacy at the ELF and was disappointed as the eye range was limited. They had a massive collection of make up and it was lovely to just not feel like needing to buy anything.

I opened my ELF blusher .. oh my it is so pigmented I nearly looked like a clown, serious blending. It was even more pigmented than mac.
  • Thanks for all the advice about microfibre cloths. I’ll research some other brands and now I know I won’t need so many! :o

UU

The Body Shop Oils of Life intensely revitalising cream - used on body because I have too many open, it was lovely so I’m sad I had to do this.
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    UU OPI Red My Fortune Cookie. Love this colour and will repurchase at some time. I'm doing an unofficial Project Polish because I have way too many nudes and reds. Will pull out another red to replace this but am currently working on You Don't Know Jacques and Tickle my Francey (both OPI).
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    Had a bit of free time this morning and decided to cull my makeup again.

Bobbi & Katie Palette - this was an expensive mistake a long time ago, some of the shadows are too chalky and glittery and some have barely any pigment, the two cream blushes are lovely but they attract dust and get the eyeshadow on them aswell. It's old and needs to go.

Bourjois Over Rose Palette - I don't like Bourjois eyeshadows, they always get hard pan, these are nice colours but lifes to short to be scraping the hard pan off.

Mini brushes from kits x 2
    Avon Glimmerstick in Sugar Plum - these are lovely but this colour makes my eyes look sore.
    Barbara Daly Single Eyeshadow in Taupe - very old and I have the same shade pretty much and numerous ones too.

Bare Minerals Eyeliner in 4pm - very dark purple, too dark and too hard to apply, it sort of drags.

Body Shop Eyeliner in Black - lovely but I don't wear black eyeliner.

Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Perversion - as above but not so lovely, it seems to smudge away quickly.

Daniel Sandler Eyeliner in Black - this was waterproof so lasted longer but again just not into black.

Revlon Sueded Brown Eyeliner - lovely colour, right up my street but it disappears by lunchtime and I have others very similar which do last.

Elf Matt Lip Crayons - I bought two of these fairly recently (end of last year), the colours are lovely on the back of my hand but come off corpse like on the lips.

Bobbi Brown Classic Day Palette - this was a GWP palette, I used the blush ages ago, depotted the bone and taupe colours and binned the case along with the matt black colour.

Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes Palette - depotted two shades, used one up ages ago and binned the rest.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    I have given some toiletries to a homeless charity in my town. 1 Dove Shower Gel for men and 1 Dove Deodorant for men along with some hotel freebies.
    ally.
  • sunny_money
    sunny_money Posts: 361 Forumite
    dolly84 wrote: »
    Had a bit of free time this morning and decided to cull my makeup again.

That’s loads well done! :beer:
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,829 Forumite
    Dolly84 I googled the Bobbi and Katie palette. It’s the same age as the two palettes I am panning. Whilst I think the NARS blushers are performing as well as they ever did, the Smashbox shimmers need to be topped up as they don’t look shimmery at all on my eyes now.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family