Tax liabilities between uk & Ireland

I live and work in the UK and am paid via a UK subsidiary of the company I work for. However, following the closing of the UK part of the company I am now to be paid via the Irish part of the company which is currently being overseen by administrators via a Irish bank account. However, nobody seems to be able to tell me what tax I’ll be liable for. I don’t know if I will be taxed at source in Ireland and then the Uk will tax me again. Would be very Grateful for any information. I can’t possibly be the first person to be in this situation so can’t understand why they are unable to confirm what my liability will be.

Comments

• londoninvestor
    londoninvestor Posts: 1,350
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 24 March 2019 at 9:14PM
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/what-constitutes-pay/irish-employment-carried-on-outside-the-State/index.aspx
    A non-resident employee

In certain circumstances Revenue will issue a Pay As You Earn (PAYE) Exclusion Order. This is a certificate which will authorise you not to deduct Income Tax and USC from your employee where certain conditions are met.

A non-resident employee who carries out some duties in Ireland and some duties abroad

You should deduct Income Tax, USC and PRSI from your employee only on the portion of the duties exercised in Ireland.

If you never visit Ireland for work, there should be no Irish tax involved.

If you do some of your work in Ireland as well as the UK, you may end up initially paying some Irish tax and receiving Foreign Tax Credit Relief in the UK to prevent you being doubly taxed on it. If so, you probably should keep pressing for more details.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure