Interview questions help, please

I'm having a job interview in Tuesday. I'm applying for customer service assistant position. I know I'll have competency questions and I'm worried. I've been running cleaning business for seven years. I googled STAR questions, but I don't know , how to answer .
"Demonstrate, when you showed an integrity". " Show me , how did you deal with a problem", This questions are very vague to me . Any suggestions?

Comments

• ElefantEd
    ElefantEd Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Think of examples of each. For example integrity: a customer requested a service that they didn't really need, so I explained this even though it meant less profit. For a problem: a customer requested a service but there was an underlying issue that meant you couldn't do a good permanent job - wha tdid you do to resolve it to the satisfaction of all. And so on.

The questions are vague because they cover all sorts of jobs and situations. Try and fit your answers so they make sense to the job you are going for.
  • I have just had an interview using this method. The questions were not that vague for me. It was more like 'Tell me what you had an issue managing a team and what you did about it' 'How would you handle an upset customer' 'When has accuracy been a really important part of your role?' If you look at the job description for the role you are applying for it may give some clues as to the type of questions/values they will ask about.

The answers do not have to be just from your working life, I also used examples from university for teamwork.
  • Amara
    Amara Posts: 2,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks for your replies. I'm taking this interview very seriously and I want to be well prepared. I had other interview two weeks ago, I didn't get a job. Feedback said: "Engaging, but unable to demonstrate, what has to offer".This time I want my interview to be perfect.
    WibblyGirly, did you get a job?
  • WibblyGirly
    WibblyGirly Posts: 470 Forumite
    I have not heard back yet. They said it would be a week and it has been nearly 2. I am hoping it is a good sign because if I was rubbish I am sure I would have been rejected by now.

Good luck with your interview!
  • Amara wrote: »
    "Demonstrate, when you showed an integrity". " Show me , how did you deal with a problem", ?

Integrity means morals.

*Made up answer*

"I charged all my customers the same price, this shows I ran my business on the treat customers fairly principle."

Can you watch C4 The Job Interview? whilst some of it in the most recent series I wasn't so convinced by, it can be a good base for q&a and how to hold yourself together.
    There were a couple of successful contenders you never saw the outcome for when they describe these people in the jobs at end of programme which shows there is no such thing as the perfect interview. Just keeping chipping away, it will happen.
  • Amara
    Amara Posts: 2,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I'm applying for vacancy in the bank, that's quite a change from my cleaning business.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure