PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 16th April 2018

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,997 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    LW.. is it likely you aren't eating enough to lose any weight? Would something like WW or SW help? you don't have to go anywhere but they have online communities where there is a lot of support and advice and people of all sorts of abilities.. I just wonder if it is worth looking at. Bills and alarms are necessary.. like food etc.. you need them.. it is the non-vital things... like 3/4 jeans ;) *nudge nudge point finger!!* that count.

Washing out
    WM x 2 on
    DW emptied and refed.
    lunch scoffed

Pan cupboard emptied.. I had DS3 do it so I have no choice except to put it all away.. after wiping out the spideroos!!

Folding laundry first though and Twinkle has woken up from her nap so I need to feed her too.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Loads done so far:
    • Volunteering done
    • Two loads of washing dried on line
    • Two dog walks done
    • Various emails sent for DH and invoices paid
    • Boiler service booked
    • Woodburner cleaned out

Phew! School run shortly - will mop kitchen floor beforehand x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Options
    WM x 1 and out on the line, all pots out of the greenhousy things and watered, superking made, Kelps taken the field for an hour's exercise and another animal rescue visited searching for the right cat.

I. Must. Dust.
    Better is good enough.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Great news atb and Dizzy.

Standard Monday here so far - beef in sc for tea, gym, paid stuff 1, Mr T delivery taken in, paid stuff no. 2. Off to put tea together and feed myself and DS1. DS2 and OH probably wont be home until 6.

Then back to job no. 1 for a meeting. Gonna be a looonnng day!
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Options
    Old bbq dismanteled and taken to tip
    Shower room tray scrubbed
    Window seals in shower room also cleaned.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for poke Pigpen, made worse by finding a pair of old 3/4 in the wardrobe, to be fair they are quite worn and not sure I would be able to wear them for work.

I have cleared out 2 bin bags of rubbish and 2 big bags to go to charity.

A few more bits gone out of kitchen too. Some old leftovers used up. Space made in cupboard to get one of the pots off the side. I want clear surfaces.

Been good with food today, egg salad for lunch, bolognaise cooking and will do a sort of lasagna but using aubergine slice as am trying to be low carb.

Fridge still to wipe down and lesson to plan.

Xx
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Jojo_the_Tightfisted Posts: 27,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 April 2018 at 6:56PM
    Options
    Hmmm. The morning scramble for work trousers failed to elicit my two pairs that Himself should have washed a fortnight ago - but a pair that I don't ever remember fitting since I was given them, do.

That's - interesting.

Work (as always) was a bit weird with new staff and previous decisions being reversed - and complete denial of the original decisions ever having been made. Ah well, I shall just shrug and get on with it, as it's far easier to go with whatever way the wind is blowing this week.

Himself has thoughtfully put a new bulb in the bathroom light - as it's the only one that is a normal BC fitting in the house (other than the kitchen light which I got replaced as soon as I moved in), it's handy, considering I have not yet been able to find a supplier of the particular very rare CFL variant the builders shoved in everywhere else; hence why I have no lighting on the way upstairs until I actually get into a bedroom. If they blow as well, which they may do, seeing as they're all the same age, I'll be left for a week in pools of darkness.

He's just started cooking for our last meal together for a week( whilst he's off to a tropical paradise). I've been staaarving since 10.30am when I ate my sandwich.

Here's hoping we eat before 9pm.

And it looks like, from the kitchen floor, at any rate, he's leaving me a present of a load of mess to spend the week cleaning up.

Sigh.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • mummy2threeboys
    Options
    Dizzy..Pineapple on pizza counts for sure..as does liquid grapes right (wine?) x

Jojo hope the fitting i the trousers was because of slimming rather than expansion..I for some reason fit a 12 now not a 14 but haven't lost weight..answers on a postcode?

All stuff done..apart from table, did manage to wash and change two lots of bedding and add on all passport details to booking as an extra though.
    Just off to wash and wipe up , so it's nice and ready for the morning. Have a good night all.
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
  • MadamMim2013
    Options
    Hellooo. Thankooo muchly for the new thread :D
    I'm in for the week.. Playing catch up after being poorly sick for over a fortnight:(
    Today was wonderful, took full advantage and filled up the washing line, did my bedding, dried it & re made the bed with it :rotfl:
    Attended Drs apts with my mum, prescriptions collected, sorted her PIP application and after making a copy of it all it got posted it off.:T (been a mahoosive source of stress for my mum & myself)
    Found a book for myself in the library (while copying forms)
    Mowed the front lawn & my elderly neighbours (as they have been poorly) borrowed the mower from my other neighbour, I'm very grateful for the lovely street I live in.
    Made tea, chomped a small ice cream & then grumbled quietly as I need to loose the 10kg that attached itself to me after my thyroid went :eek: it's a work in progress.. Mainly uphill.. I will get there!
    Ooh, booked myself in for a massage at the beginning of May.. It'll be free as was a gift at Xmas.. Also booked car in for her quarterly valet.
    "There's a little witch in all of us"🥰
    DEBT FREE 06/2018
    MrsSD 2023 Decluttering Campaign:
    🏅⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Flying done for the day here

Fridge nearly finished, 2 shelves done, just the drawer left
    Lesson prepared for tomorrow
    Several phone calls this evening
    Cat sick cleared up
    Recycling out and DW put on

Kettle on for camomile and verbena tea to take up to bed with me.

Night night
    x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family