Esa f2f this morning should I take pop award ?

Comments

• Yeah I was really lucky,they phone for different reasons it just depends on the decision maker.

I am sure you will get someone nice,you will be fine come Friday you made it there today you will make it Friday as well.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Daisy2017 wrote: »
    I think it’s really bad that they are assessing someone on mental health grounds who clearly state that they can’t be around other people or crowded places due to anxiety and panic attacks etc and book them in at a time when they know they will be extremely busy .... do they not even read our forms ?? Or just don’t care enough ? The receptionist was lovely she said she knows how hard it would have been to come but thought I’d be better off coming again as a first apointment when it was quiet . Surely they should be putting all those down with social phobia and anxiety around others at either first or last apointment when the centre is least busy ?? I guess they just book apointment when ever without regard to the stress and ordeal it puts us under .

The receptionist was lovely and could clearly see I wouldn’t have been able to wait in that environment . She got straight on the phone and said she wanted to reschedule and then said some letters like nw .

Will this all be noted down that I attended ? Will it go against me like I was the one wanting it rescheduled ?

Many thanks
    Is there anyone that can go with you to the next apppointment. Is the reasons your claiming ESA for anxiety? If you go alone this may go against you. I'm not saying it will but it has been know plenty of times in the past.

Didn't you send in evidence to support your claim when you sent the form back? It's always better to send the evidence at this time rather than hand it in to the assessment provider. Doing it this way there's always a chance they won't use that evidence when writing that report out. hand it all in yes naturally, if they accept it.

Having your assessment recorded mybe too late now as your assessment is Friday morning. I'd ring Thursday to make sure it's going to be recorded because giving them as much time as possible would have been better for you.

Answer all those questions with as much detail as possible and avoid answer just yes and no. They'll be watching you from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave.

Good luck.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,179 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope all goes well on Friday.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hi poppy

Yes I supplied all the evidence with the form other then the recent doctors letter which I’m hoping they will take a copy of at the assessment .

I just thought I’d take it all along with me on the day too and was wondering if I should take my pup discripters - ie I have awarded you 2 points for this and 2 points for that . But on some of the discripters ie the continence I got zero so would this then sway them ?

My friend took me but was unable to park so dropped me right outside of the centre doors . I would have informed them of this . Unfortunately she has work on Friday and so is still unable to actully come in with me and I don’t have anyone else I can take . She starts work at 9.00 so is going to drop me off again but I will have to try and find someone else to come and collect me . If not then I’m not quite sure what I’m going to do as I can’t cope with public transport . This is just another part of the process which is getting me down . She took the day off on Tuesday to do this with me and can’t possibly take another day off again .

I’m just worried Tuesday will go against me as it was cancelled . Will the receptionist make a note that I was distressed due to the environment and she rescheduled or will that class as I rescheduled and no note wrote down

Thankyou for your replies
  • poppy12345
    Daisy2017 wrote: »
    Hi poppy

Yes I supplied all the evidence with the form other then the recent doctors letter which I’m hoping they will take a copy of at the assessment .

I just thought I’d take it all along with me on the day too and was wondering if I should take my pup discripters - ie I have awarded you 2 points for this and 2 points for that . But on some of the discripters ie the continence I got zero so would this then sway them ?

My friend took me but was unable to park so dropped me right outside of the centre doors . I would have informed them of this . Unfortunately she has work on Friday and so is still unable to actully come in with me and I don’t have anyone else I can take . She starts work at 9.00 so is going to drop me off again but I will have to try and find someone else to come and collect me . If not then I’m not quite sure what I’m going to do as I can’t cope with public transport . This is just another part of the process which is getting me down . She took the day off on Tuesday to do this with me and can’t possibly take another day off again .

I’m just worried Tuesday will go against me as it was cancelled . Will the receptionist make a note that I was distressed due to the environment and she rescheduled or will that class as I rescheduled and no note wrote down

Thankyou for your replies
    You can take you PIP ssessment letter with you, if you want. They do use PIP awards as evidence for ESA now but it all depends on where you scored those points. For EG if a person claimed Enhanced mobility PIP then they can use this for their ESA claim. I'm unsure about anything else.

As for the recepetionist noting down how stressed you were the other day, i highly doubt they would have done this.

As you say your friend is dropping you off i have no idea if this will go against you. It would have been much better if someone could actually go into the assessment room with you, or at least wait in the waiting area for you to come back out.

All you can do really is answer those questions with as much detail as possible and hopefully everything will go in your favour. You can ring DWP a few days after and ask for a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision will be as mostly they go with that report. Good luck and hopefully this time your assessment will go ahead.
  • Thanks again poppy

I have asked someone else to come with me but because they don’t actually care for me or my needs they have said they will wait in the waiting room .

My pup discripters and points were :
    *You need prompting from another person to prepare or cook a simple meal 2
    * you need prompting or assistance to manage your health condition 1
    * you need supervision or prompting to wash or bath 2
    * you need aid or appliance to manage toilet needs or incontinence 2
    * you need prompting or assistance to choose AirPrint clothing etc 2
    * you need prompting from other people to engage with other people 2
    * you need help with complex budgeting decision 2
    * you need prompting from another person to avoid causing mental distress 4

Got nothing for : A’s not part of condition

*Moving around
    *You can eat and drink unaided
    *You can understand and express verbal communication
    *You can read basic and complex information
  • So back from my assessment ....

Unfortunately had an accident on way there so left a wet seat in waiting room which I informed the assessor about she said they would sort it and put some paper towelling down on my chair in the assessment room .

She asked how I got there today and I said my friend had bought me .

She asked how long the journey was ? I said I didn’t know maybe 10-15 minutes ?

She then just asked me a load of questions which was already covered in my form ??

She told me the tablets I take and I replied I had forgot to bring them .

She asked about my suicide and self harming and asked when the last time was and how often I think about i replies truthfully and told her every day ... she asked how I self harmed and I said I cut myself but my carer keeps it all away from me .

She asked if my carer worked for an agency

She asked about my washing and dressing and eating etc which I said my carer ensures I do otherwise wouldn’t get done

She asked who I live with and I said alone but my carer stays often

I gave her copies of my doctors letter to say a carer stays over and a copy of my pip award points

She said she think she had enough information and to go sit back in the waiting room while she phones senior people and would let me know if I could go . She checked the waiting room was empty and then showed me where the toilet was without me asking for it

She then came out and said I could go

I’m not entirely sure how it went to be honest but will ring dwp Monday and ask for a copy of the report . Does anyone know the number I have to call ?

Waiting game commences :(

She
  • At least it's over and done with now,don't take this as gospel but usually when they talk to their supervisors that means support group,did she not say how long for decision.
  • No she didn’t say anything about the decision .

I thought the Dwp make the decision from her report and she just writes the report . I have read in lots of places on the internet that the assessor doesn’t make the decision ?? The decision maker does based on evidence and her report . Can she put in her report that she thinks I should be in support group as I thought she could only write a report on how she sees my disabilities effecting me ?? As you can see I’m not very clear how this all works .. it just entails stress and worry but like you said at least it’s over with now . Just the last bit of stress waiting for the decision

Thankyou Sandra
  • poppy12345
    At least it's over and done with now,don't take this as gospel but usually when they talk to their supervisors that means support group,did she not say how long for decision.
    I disagree. When they talk to the supervisor it means they talked to the supervisor. You can't speculate anything until that decison has been made. The report gives an idea what it will be as it's rare for them to go against it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure