PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 16th April 2018

167891012»

Comments

• Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    (((Hugs))) Frodders. You're bright enough to know this, but have you considered joining a Carer's Group? I found it enormously helpful just being with people who shared the same responsibilties even if we never mentioned it, mainly because none of us needed to say that we felt guilty all of the time. And she needs to see a doctor, obviously. Does her surgery do annual or regular check ups on people of certain ages, so that the surgery intiates the appointment?
    And now [once I've wiped my eyes - obviously hayfever, not stupid emotions from something that happened years ago] - practicalities.

I'd liken it to a compact nuclear explosion in the house after many years of peace. You could be in shock, OH could be in shock, Kelpie could be looking slightly stunned for the next few months.

It's wonderful :D

Exactly. We're not still howling about Devil Cat but we both get quite a bit of dust in our eyes at the moment.

The kittens are in shock from yet another move in their short lives but I've heard the little girl purr already (she's the bonkers one), they're playing, they've eaten, had some water and used the litter tray. They are confined to one room for three days and she escaped through the babygate less then 10 minutes after they arrived. Photos shortly.

I hope Benny Bunny's medication is doing it's magic and he's perked up, Valli.

How's the essay coming along Ionafan? I hope you achieved your desired word count today.

I'm so sorry about your youngest dog, Lil Me. It's hard enough for the rest of us to lose any animal but watching your DS go through it must make it doubly difficult for you. I'm longing for a day when I wake up early and want to get up and get going - it sometimes happens in the spring/summer and I could do with the extra hours at moment.

The time I haven't spent with Kelpie and the kittens has been spent scrubbing the sundeck and messing around with pots and plants. Masses more to do and it looks far, far worse than it did a few days ago but when it's done it'll be a lot better than it was.
    Better is good enough.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Evening

Went car booting with 'stuff' sold a load and came back with a lot less

Good luck with the kittens
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,982 Forumite
    Marvellous Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level 3
    Clean windows and wipe sills
    Extras
    Sort pan cupboards x1.
    Sort under sink cupboards x2

Tuesday Boudoir Day
    Level One

Strip the bed
    Remove the floordrobe
    Remake the bed before moving up a level!

Wonderful Wednesday - hump day - and bathrooms

Thrurday - love your lounge

Freaky Friday. ~ Hall, Stairs and Landing

Not a bad weeks work for me... my kitchen is looking massively improved.. though it is still extremely cluttered and I still have cupboard to go through.. I have condensed various bottles into fewer.. 3 less than half full bottles of Elbow grease for example.. Finished off a bottle of bleach, replaced the mop sponge etc.

Girls ready for bed so they can be all ready for school and full of beans in the morning..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    lil'me I am so very sorry to hear about your dog. I know how much it hurts when they leave us.

Valli Bunny healing vibes on their way.

HB So pleased the kittens are now in their forever home - have they figured out how to climb curtains yet? A former neighbour of mine had a crazy kitten named Ginny (as in Gin'n'Tonic) who used to climb up the "tail" of her hair towel whenever she washed her hair! :D

Dusty was collected by his owner a couple of hours ago; no dog for the rest of this week now, unfortunately. But I have a ShihTzu coming in for an overnight stay next Saturday. I may have to attack the spring cleaning. Oh dear, I've come over all unnecessary at the thought - I think I need to sit down! :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Lovely news HB. The kittens, not the suspension of flying, of course!
    Valli, I hope Benny Bunny is ok.
    Lil'me - such sad news.

It's been a full on weekend, but the house guests have gone, the fridge seems to be full of leftovers, and everyone seemed happy. The kitchen and dining room are tidied, lunchboxes are prepared, and all is set for another week.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,760 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Well Benny fights on. It's obvious some of the liquid is going in. (Draw your own conclusions;)) And now that Poppy has upchucked her furball she's no longer moping. Cat equivalent of manflu - who knew? All week that cat has been miserable! And they were the smallest furballs I have ever seen...my sister would have laughed at her behaviour; she too was a pet lover.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories