Bought bike from charity shop

Options
2»

Comments

• Deastons
    Deastons Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    If I buy something from a charity shop, my main reason is to help the charity.

The goods are donated to them and are clearly second-hand. I can't imagine buying something from a charity shop and then attempting to return it for a refund/exchange.

Do the right thing and just go and buy a chain, rather than try to take the money from a good cause. It's £4 for heaven's sake.
  • whitegoods_engineer
    Options
    Seriously? You went back to a charity shop expecting the staff to have a fully equipped workshop in the back to repair a faulty bike?

The world has gone mad!
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Deastons wrote: »
    If I buy something from a charity shop, my main reason is to help the charity.

The goods are donated to them and are clearly second-hand. I can't imagine buying something from a charity shop and then attempting to return it for a refund/exchange.

Do the right thing and just go and buy a chain, rather than try to take the money from a good cause. It's £4 for heaven's sake.
    Seriously? You went back to a charity shop expecting the staff to have a fully equipped workshop in the back to repair a faulty bike?

The world has gone mad!

Couldn’t agree more
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,643 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chains like tyres are consumables. My bikes get through 2 chains a year, a set of tyres will be changed approx once every three years. If a chain breaks but still has plenty of ware left in it you don’t even need to change it, simply rejoin the change using a spare link if required.

How things have changed! Decades ago, chain would last forever, rear tyres about a year, front 2/3 years
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure