Three Amazon £60 Gift Card Reward

Has anyone successfully received the promised £60 Amazon Gift Card email following the purchase of a 12 month SIM deal with Three? The deal expired on 10 November 2017 and you needed to wait 90 days for the email. Which I have not received.
Was it a scam? Three know nothing about it having spent the morning on the phone to them. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Hi,

Did you get anywhere with this? Having the same issues, spoke to Three but said I had to contact the third party who offered the vouchers. Its not their responsibility!

Looks like its giftcloud who should be issuing the voucher but there only seems to be a general email address.

I have emailed them just waiting for a reply.
  • I called Three about this yesterday. They first disclaimed all knowledge of this promotion and said I had to take it up with Giftcloud. They said they ran a similar promotion but that one expired in September; whereas I'd signed up in early November.

The promotion that appeared on MSE that I signed up to was "The 4GB SIM contract Gift Card Promotion (“Promotion”)". It "...will run from 17th October 2017 until 8th November 2017", according to the Ts and Cs I received by email when I placed the order.

Also according to those Ts and Cs:

"The Promoter is Hutchison 3G UK Limited of Star House, 20 Grenfell Road, Maidenhead, Berks, SL6 1EH (“Three”) with Giftcloud of Vodafone House, the Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN acting as their agent (“Giftcloud”). Amazon.co.uk is not a sponsor of this Promotion – see below for Amazon.co.uk Gift Card General Terms."

So this was an official Three promotion, but one they seem to have no knowledge of. I pointed out that I have no contract with Giftcloud, only with Three.

I first spoke to a customer service rep. who offered me a £5 discount off my next bill. I said that wasn't acceptable, and he transferred me to a Customer Relations person. After a little gentle pushing, he credited me with £60 to my account - which is better than an Amazon voucher IMO.

Anyway, keep at it, quote the Ts and Cs, and you should get what you signed up to.
  • I have contact Three twice over this voucher promotion, as I too haven't received it. The first time they claimed they had no knowledge of it and that I would need to email them proof. I did this and they kept telling me they hadn't received it.

I have just done a live chat with Three, I copy and pasted the full Ts & Cs of the promotion and they have told me that they will get MSE to send me the voucher in two working days. I obviously don't think this will be the case as it is THREE that the voucher needs to come from but they have confirmed I will be emailed the voucher in two working days. I am going to see what happens in the next two days...

It seems a lot of hassle and I am beginning to wish I hadn't swapped provider.
  • Hi Lara, what email address did you contact Three on please? I also signed up to the offer but have not received the gift card and am having trouble finding any customer service email address on the Three website. Sounds a bit of a scam. Thanks.
  • According to the MSE email sent out on 18-10-2017, the offer was an "MSE Blagged" deal.

"Get 4GB for equiv £8/mth. If the deals above don't work for you, Three's got two cheap 12mth-contract deals...

- 4GB data + unlimited mins & texts. MSE Blagged. Via this link, this Three* deal for new customers costs £13/mth. But you're automatically sent a £60 Amazon vch within 90 days. If you'd have spent that anyway, factor it in and the total cost is equivalent to £8/mth."
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Andy_CDF wrote: »
    Hi Lara, what email address did you contact Three on please? I also signed up to the offer but have not received the gift card and am having trouble finding any customer service email address on the Three website. Sounds a bit of a scam. Thanks.

Have you tried the MSE instructions?

Important: if your issue is about a voucher or incentive that was part of an MSE Blagged deal, let us know by emailing [EMAIL="voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com"]voucherhelp@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL] instead as that's usually quicker.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
  • mije1983 wrote: »
    Have you tried the MSE instructions?

Hi, I had never seen that MSE instruction anywhere before. I'll try them. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure