Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    The only place I could think of getting the kernels is Holland & Barrett so got 2kg for £4 ....so at 25g a go I think they’ll last me a while lol.

Didn’t know that they were high in protein but that would explain why I feel full after eating them.

Asda sell popcorn kernels
    Hello all, wonder if it's ok for me to join in?

I've done SW before, varying degrees of success until I discovered a couple of years ago I had an autoimmune condition connected to my thyroid - cue lots of fast weightloss without much effort. I've since had my thyroid removed and while I'm waiting to the meds to stabilise me, the weight has started to creep back on. I'm headed back to class on Tuesday but think this thread might help me to stay on track, you seem like a lovely lot xxx

Welcome Fred. If you let me know what you want to lose by 4th March I will add you to this challenge
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Been offline for a few days, and you lot have been posting loads.

Been not on plan and feeling not great. Struggling with the reduction in pain relief with withdrawal symptoms, but determined to try and stick with the schedule and not lengthen it.

Got weigh in tomorrow, and plan to have 2 not too bad days to try and cancel out some of the damage

Today's plan:
    Breakfast - fruit and yogurt
    Lunch - noodles
    Dinner - chilli

HA - milk and cheese
    HB - none planned
    Syns - Cranberry juice (2.5), SF sauce (0.5)
    Zebras rock
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Sorry to hear things aren't great for you at the moment Kathryn. All you can do is the best that you can. Your health is far more important than SW.

Congratulations GAF on being our SOTW. You've had brilliant losses in your first couple of weeks.

Today's plan:

B - Laughing Cow on toast; topped with tomato (was supposed to have been poached eggs on toast but they were a real mess so gave all of them to DH, LOL!)
    L - kedegree but without the boiled eggs!
    D - LO sausage & bacon cassoulet

HEA - milk
    HEB - bread
    Syns - Laughing Cow 2; sausage 1; may also have a hifi bar to make it up to 5 syns today

Have a good day everyone.

Denise
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all.

Thanks for the chart Kathryn - hope things start to look up for you very soon. Congratulations to Greysanatomy fan for SOTW

Ended yesterday on 6.5 syns so making up some of the weekend excess.
    Inspired by Bubbs I made some scotch eggs from veggie sausages that we weren't very keen on yesterday - family really liked them and they've been kind enough to leave me one for lunch....

So todays menu:
    B 1/2 grapefruit with 1/2 tsp sugar, boiled egg, 3 crispbreads
    L BNS soup, Scotch egg with salad
    D Sausage casserole from the freezer for me with veg, fish for OH
    Snacks Fruit, Alpen light or more crispbreads to make up HEB

It's all a bit sausage and egg today!
    Have a good day all.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Didn't get to post much yesterday and there have been loads of losses! Well done all!:T

greentiger wrote: »
    Pity about the result, maman (and tweets, what happened there?). We got drawn away to Rangers in the cup quarter finals. Oh well. Expect the unexpected. To be honest, I!!!8217;m surprised we have got this far!
    We matched them in the first half but when they scored heads went down and second half we just gave up. MrKlopp deliberately rubbed our noses in it bringing on Saints players as subs. It must be really hard to play for a team that's given up on ambition. We're still in the cup too but unless we can lift the spirits it'll be a waste of time turning up.:(:cry:

Fortunately, it didn't turn me to drink and I only had a few gins last night. And I turned round the roast within the hour.
    TakeItEazy wrote: »
    Bit of a waste of gravy putting it on the table, prefer to have it on food :rotfl::rotfl:
    :D I rarely serve up in the kitchen. It means that all the LOs in serving dishes are saved for my lunches. I really enjoy bubble & squeak with pickles.

Started today on 31 syns left in the bank for three days which is good for me. I don't need that many so should have a few left by Wednesday which I'll leave to offset guestimating milk.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage, HEA milk
    L: ham, LO veg, pickles
    D: baked haddock, potato/carrot/onion mash, tomatoes, mushrooms and broccoli
    Syns: 6 xtra HEB, 2 syrup, maybe 1 for some Parmesan on the mash.
  • joedenise
    We've both had/having smoked haddock today Maman! Have to say the kedgeree wasn't as nice as I usually make. Just not as tasty as usual. Think I should have used my own curry spice mix rather than just using some out of the tub that's been sitting on the shelf for a while. Suspect it's losing its' flavour now. The best of it was the smoked haddock - I ate all the bits which were left in the pan after lunch - but binned the rest, just wasn't worth saving. I hate wasting food but no point in keeping something which we both disliked.

Denise
  • Well done to all the losers!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Have my first class tomorrow, back to my old group and consultant (who is absolutely fab) so will start plan properly on Wednesday. Not sure my thyroid meds are quite right yet but I'll give it my best .

Quick question - SW Iceland meals - these didn't exist the last time i did plan, are they worth buying or are you better to try and cook from scratch? They seem like a handy thing to have for the days when you're not in the mood for cooking but don't want to stock the freezer up if they're horrid!
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Poppy dog on her morning walk today :cool:

2hxan7n.jpg
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Well done to all the losers!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Have my first class tomorrow, back to my old group and consultant (who is absolutely fab) so will start plan properly on Wednesday. Not sure my thyroid meds are quite right yet but I'll give it my best .

Quick question - SW Iceland meals - these didn't exist the last time i did plan, are they worth buying or are you better to try and cook from scratch? They seem like a handy thing to have for the days when you're not in the mood for cooking but don't want to stock the freezer up if they're horrid!

Its a preffered taste with the SW meals I have tried most of them not pasta ones don't like pasta. Some are ok and others yuk.

I would try a few and see if you like them sausages are yuk .

Others will be along with their views :)
  • joedenise
    I've only tried a couple of the SW meals. The beef & vegetable crush one is OK but far better to cook it yourself using the recipe on the back.

Have also had the potato & sweet potato curry - the flavour was OK but the potatoes weren't cooked enough, they were still rock hard. Haven't actually tried cooking that one myself.

If you're the sort of person who likes to keep ready meals in the freezer for those can't be bothered days then probably worth trying some and deciding whether they are for you but personally I prefer to batch cook my own meals and freeze them for those sorts of days!

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport