BEWARE - Corgi HomePlan

Options

Comments

• emanas
    emanas Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    From my personal experience they are one of the worst company I have dealt with. I have been paying them for years with their highest costing plan, three weeks ago we noticed our boiler was leaking, I called them and was told an engineer would contact me within 24 hours, no one contacted me for next 5 days, I then called back and was again promised I will receive a call in 24 hours, this time I did get a call. The engineer came and said one of the thing need changing, it would take 3 days for the parts to come, he came back and replaced the part, the leak stopped but the whole boiler stopped working, we had no hot water or heating, the engineer said the sister board is damaged( believe me that's what he said) and he can order a new one if Corgi approves, for days I kept chasing and Corgi said they are looking in to the case and they will contact me which never happened, after a week I called back and now they said the parts are not available and they can't do anything. Basically this was a blatant lie as the engineer had already ordered it. After all this nightmare I ended up replacing my boiler.

They took over £250 for years but when I needed them to fix they never did.

Never ever again I will go near this company or the rude staff they have. The best thing to do is look for a local reliable guy and use them to service your boiler.
  • KENNY_G_3
    Options
    Reported a boiler fault to these cowboys and told to re pressurise it myself ! completed this task and call again to be told engineer will be in touch soon. 6 hours later engineers called to say it would be next day. All this despite them being mad aware 85 yr old living at my house.
    They couldn't care less and appear to randomly expect to maintain their service commitments by ringing ind engineers when they need them rather than employ enough. AVOID AVAOID AVOID
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    KENNY_G wrote: »
    Reported a boiler fault to these cowboys and told to re pressurise it myself ! completed this task and call again to be told engineer will be in touch soon. 6 hours later engineers called to say it would be next day. All this despite them being mad aware 85 yr old living at my house.
    They couldn't care less and appear to randomly expect to maintain their service commitments by ringing ind engineers when they need them rather than employ enough. AVOID AVAOID AVOID

Even an 85 year old should be able to manage without a boiler for 24 hours in August.

There's nothing simpler than re pressurising a boiler. Far better to do it yourself to see if it solves the problem, then you wouldn't need to wait for a call out.

The service is useless and poor value, but this is a non complaint.
  • KENNY_G_3
    Options
    Of course I had re pressurised the boiler myself, why do you think I subsequently called them back? This didn't fix the fault !! Do you think no hot water for over 24 hours in August is any less inconvenient then other months then? This point is entirely irrelevant anyway as it demonstrates their complete inability to attend promptly
  • The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »
    Even an 85 year old should be able to manage without a boiler for 24 hours in August.

There's nothing simpler than re pressurising a boiler. Far better to do it yourself to see if it solves the problem, then you wouldn't need to wait for a call out.

The service is useless and poor value, but this is a non complaint.

I've found it more and more annoying over time when reading review/compliant sites that basically you've got to read the whole lot because half the time the negative reviews are just from completely incompetent people.

From what I've read so far the latter replies are from exactly this sort of person.
  • T-Bear
    Options
    :sad: The only thing they do not fix is the problem that you have, no matter what it it.
    Corgo Homecare have serviced my boiler for many years, but when it came to fixing a problem, they said that the gas pipes were undersized for the boiler I had. I even told them what the problem was and what part needed to be replaced, but they couldn't be bothered. The engineer got paid for turning up and was happy with the fact that he didn't have to do anything. I cancelled my contract immediately !!!
  • TARNHORSE
    Options
    ]This is dreadful as customers money is taken for a Service it cannot fulfil[/B]

After full payment the lame brains operating the so called Plan are unable to find an engineer in Essex to Service my Central Hating System. instead of trying to resolve the problem like an Honest trader. Corgi Homeplan, like T.....s in the night, run away . Offering £40+ as compensation per the Schedule they have suddenly devised (NOT sent at Beginning (wonder why?? Their "caring staff " can not face the customer but send e'mails their decision will not change

Perhaps I had a lucky escape, my neighbour''s service expert damaged her boiler so required a new replacement days without use of equipment broken by " highly qualified engineer"

Trading of this type should be monitored by Trading Standards and the Ombudsman?
  • eeyorepace
    Options
    I called Corgi at 8pm on Monday last to report that I had no heating & no hot water. Told them I was virtually certain that it was the pump.
    Initially told that I might get a call from the engineer that evening. Fat chance. On Wednesday evening they finally agreed that as they could not get an engineer out (the 3 local ones had all ignored the request) I could organise my own plumber & they would pay.
    I did this yesterday morning but after several emails back and forward they still have not authorised the pump to be replaced.
    I spoke to a manager a few minutes ago who said they would authorise it but would tell the plumber that they must stop installing if they find any sludge (there isn't) as they would not pay.
    There is now no chance of the repair getting done today so we are to be without heating until at least Monday.
    Only + to all this is that I have been told Corgi will pay for 2 electric heaters to the value of £30 & £10 a day to run them. Pity they didn't offer this a couple of days earlier!
    Assuming this is fixed on Monday I will have had a week without heating which as I have COPD and had a stroke earlier this year is not good. Not to mention that we can't get washing dry and electric hot water (to wash us) is costing a fortune.
    I offered to buy and fit (easy job for me) a new pump myself but they said no it must be fitted by a Gas Safe engineer; despite being in a different room to the actual boiler and thus not a gas issue.
    Thanks Corgi for giving me a whole week without heat. :mad:
  • wondering_why
    Options
    I'm currently trying to choose a new boiler and central heating home care plan. We currently have BG HomeCareFour, and received a letter through the post from Corgi.
    I called up Corgi and the sales team seemed great. I called back BG who then gave me a (much) better rate.
    I was still mulling over switching to Corgi, as they offer more cover - up to £2000 as opposed to BG's £1000. I decided to search google for reviews, and quickly found this thread which has stopped me in my tracks. Are these the same Corgi we always trusted with gas safety in the past?
    Interestingly, the Trustpilot reviews touted by Corgi on their website are nothing short of glowing- which makes me all the more wary!
    I think on balance I may swerve Corgi...
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Are these the same Corgi we always trusted with gas safety in the past?

No they're not ... but that's exactly what they're playing on - past reputation of Corgi (which has been defunct since 2009 and replaced by the Gas Safe Register).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback