EON Internal Tariff Exit Fees

Hi

Can anyone confirm that EON still waive the exit fees on it's fixed tariffs if switching to another EON fixed tariff and do they publish this info on their site?

many thanks

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Not published anywhere but they do not charge the exit fee for an internal move.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi

Can anyone confirm that EON still waive the exit fees on it's fixed tariffs if switching to another EON fixed tariff and do they publish this info on their site?

many thanks

Hello sheffieldeagle and to confirm molerat's post. We don't charge exit fees when changing from one E.ON tariff to another. This applies whenever the switch takes place.

On our website, this is explained in the tariff details under Summary of Features - Exit Fee.

Hope this helps sheffieldeagle.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • thank you both much appreciated.
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    molerat wrote: »
    Not published anywhere but they do not charge the exit fee for an internal move.

Spot on molerat. Thanks for posting.

As above, online this included in the tariff details for each product with exit fees. It's not a standalone thing. I've asked for this information to be more prominent on the website as it's a question we're often asked. I'm told this could happen soon. Watch this space.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    thank you both much appreciated.

You're welcome sheffieldeagle. Happy to help.

Malc
  • Ian85
    Ian85 Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello sheffieldeagle and to confirm molerat's post. We don't charge exit fees when changing from one E.ON tariff to another. This applies whenever the switch takes place.

On our website, this is explained in the tariff details under Summary of Features - Exit Fee.

Hope this helps sheffieldeagle.

Malc

I assume that's only when switching to another fixed tariff? Otherwise couldn't you switch to the variable (with no exit fees) before switching supplier to get around the fixed tariff exit fees?
  • Ian85 wrote: »
    I assume that's only when switching to another fixed tariff? Otherwise couldn't you switch to the variable (with no exit fees) before switching supplier to get around the fixed tariff exit fees?

Morning Ian85 and no. You can switch to any of the tariffs listed on our website, including our standard Energy Plan, without picking up an exit fee. These fees only apply when changing supplier outside of the renewal period.

Malc
  • Ian85
    Morning Ian85 and no. You can switch to any of the tariffs listed on our website, including our standard Energy Plan, without picking up an exit fee. These fees only apply when changing supplier outside of the renewal period.

Malc

Thanks, so if I was on a fixed term tariff (due to end say 1st August 2019) I could switch to the standard Energy Plan now without an exit fee being charged. If I left EON and switched to another supplier more than 49 days before the 1st August 2019 (e.g. 15th May 2019) then I would be charged the exit fee?
    edited 13 February 2019 at 2:42PM
    Ian85 wrote: »
    Thanks, so if I was on a fixed term tariff (due to end say 1st August 2019) I could switch to the standard Energy Plan now without an exit fee being charged. If I left EON and switched to another supplier more than 49 days before the 1st August 2019 (e.g. 15th May 2019) then I would be charged the exit fee?

Hello Ian85 and that's right. You can switch to Energy Plan now and you won't be charged an exit fee.

If you were to switch to another supplier before the renewal period started on a Fixed term deal with exit fees, you would pick up these charges.

Once a new supplier applies to take over, accounts are locked down until the switch completes. Tariff changes won't be possible once the account is locked down.

Hope this explains Ian85.

Malc
  • Ian85
    Hello Ian85 and that's right. You can switch to Energy Plan now and you won't be charged an exit fee.

If you were to switch to another supplier before the renewal period started on a Fixed term deal with exit fees, you would pick up these charges.

Once a new supplier applies to take over, accounts are locked down until the switch completes. Tariff changes won't be possible once the account is locked down.

Hope this explains Ian85.

Malc

Thanks. Is there anything to stop me switching from a fixed term tariff with exit fees (prior to the 49 day countdown starting), to the EON energy plan (with no exit fees), then switching suppliers from the energy plan to get around the exit fees? I assume there must be, otherwise there would be no point of exit fees.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure