The Sexy Skinty Adventures Await...

Sooo..... I'm back - a little bit older and a whole lot poorer with a new problem. Splitting up with ex and now need to find the money to buy him out of here and remortgage by myself.

Unfortunately I have about six months max to find shortfall of roughly 5K but anything is possible, yes? Not on my wages it's not!

A lovely friend suggested the title - not sure how much adventuring I shall be doing but who knows!
Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Sooo..... I'm back - a little bit older and a whole lot poorer with a new problem. Splitting up with ex and now need to find the money to buy him out of here and remortgage by myself.

Unfortunately I have about six months max to find shortfall of roughly 5K but anything is possible, yes? Not on my wages it's not!

A lovely friend suggested the title - not sure how much adventuring I shall be doing but who knows!

Good to see you Skinty but so sorry to hear your news :(
    Anything that you can sell?
    "You know I will beg steal & borrow............"
    If anyone can do this then you can.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,634 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I need to declutter anyway Beanie! I shall be selling, selling, selling. Any other ideas welcomed.

• beanielou
    I need to declutter anyway Beanie! I shall be selling, selling, selling. Any other ideas welcomed.

Will try to think of more ideas.
    Could do with some myself:o
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    A cheaper car maybe?

• Or live without owning a car?
  • beanielou
    Or live without owning a car?

Think Skinty needs it to get to work.

• Are there any other options for the journey to work?
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Welcome back :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,634 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Thank you all, I have considered selling the car I can get the train to work but one of my few hobbies is hillwalking and I need it to get there. Obviously if needs must I could sell but do I want the house and no life? it's four years old and economical so hardly flash. Like I say I am not ruling it out but not for now.

• elantan
    elantan Posts: 21,018 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    hello .... I think I may have found you :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback