reclaiming ppi abbyloan,cahoot,abby cc

i have already successfully claimed ppi from liverpool victoria about 2007 using martins template letters and i tried with abby national but they knocked me back . im wondering whether to have another go especially in the light of Plevin. Ive got a cahoot blank agreement from 2002 ive got a couple of old statements bank , that show i was paying cahoot as late as 2010 £40 monthly payment and 2003 paying 60 pound, also got abbyloan agreement from 2001 3k consolidation loan but doesnt mention ppi also abby credit card shows i was paying ppi in 2003 on a balance of 700 pound . the reasons i would state is i was working for salford council then was paid work or play so didnt need it and i had and have diabetes pre existing conditions that worked with liverpool victoria should i send a speculative letter laying out the information i have even if ppi missselling doesnt work , could i get a few quid out of Plevin?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    im wondering whether to have another go especially in the light of Plevin.

Plevin doenst give you a second go at a complaint.
    the reasons i would state is i was working for salford council then was paid work or play so didnt need it

That matters if the sales were on advised basis but not if they were on non-advised basis. If non-advised, as long as the PPI would have paid out in addition to the sick pay, then its not an issue.
    and have diabetes pre existing conditions

pre-existing conditions only matter if the the severity is enough to prevent you from being able to claim on the policy. Diabetes can range from mild to severe. So, you would need to be clearer about the type of diabetes and any other conditions that have arisen from it.
    should i send a speculative letter laying out the information i have even if ppi missselling doesnt work , could i get a few quid out of Plevin?

Certainly for plevin but complaining again wont change the position unless your complaint is in the queue for a reassessment (which would happen automatically at some point but gets brought forward if you try again. Reassessments are not across the board. Just a couple of the banks).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • daz378
    daz378 Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    thanks no i had bog standard type 2 diabetes controlled with medication and i never tried ppi with cahoot its worth a go
  • daz378
    Ive wrote a letter stating the loan agreement number and cross referencing to payments on my bank statements , took picture of the letters with my phone still a few more questions do i send recorded delivery ? will santander acknowledge their responsibilities for cahoot and Abbeyloans? are they obligated to investigate if i had ppi where i have no proof on the statements? thank you
  • daz378
    to help others in a similiar situation i found on the santander website a ppi enquiry section and filled the form in so dont need to post the letter now
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    daz378 wrote: »
    do i send recorded delivery ?

Never send recorded delivery. You want your complaint to get to the right place, not diverted around the building while the postman tries to find someone to sign for it.
  • daz378
    update still had no reply to my initial enquiry on 26.3.18 so i rang yesterday they didn't tell me if they were working on my enquiry but suggested i ring in a couple of weeks its to early to tell wether im being fobbed off or is slowly trundling through the process
  • Hi daz378, just to let you know that I also made a ppi complaint regarding a cahoot loan to Santander in February and they took about 2 weeks to initially write to me and ask for more info. They have written to me again at the 4 week mark to update me. I think they will take the full 8 weeks. You'll hopefully get your initial letter acknowledging the complaint very soon.
  • daz378
    thanks for the info
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business