Taking it slowly, but doing it well.

Options

Comments

• EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Fingers crossed for some good news about the job, the waiting is definitely the worst part.

My DD1 splits her tax code between two jobs, she has to ring up hmrc to do it. I'm not sure if all the details but her second job is very low wage for a few hours a week coaching so she doesn't pay tax there, then the rest of her code goes towards her ft job.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Fingers crossed for some good news about the job, the waiting is definitely the worst part.

My DD1 splits her tax code between two jobs, she has to ring up hmrc to do it. I'm not sure if all the details but her second job is very low wage for a few hours a week coaching so she doesn't pay tax there, then the rest of her code goes towards her ft job.

Thank you, good to know it's not just a pension thing.
    If I get the job (please.... I really would like to do this one) it's a little more complex hours wise than I thought. I thought it was 1 day a week now, gradually increasing to 3 days a week over time. But it seems that they want the flexibility for the person to work 1-3 days a week from the get go depending on workload that week.

We'll see. I need to get the job first .....
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Today could have been/would have been a nsd if I hadn't stopped for a naughty mc D's brekkie on the way out this morning.
    Has an adventure with our goddaughter and family. Free entry to the farm we went too and friend paid for lunch. So, I'm no closer to my target of no spend days, but had a fab and actually cheap day out today.

Did a couple of surveys this morning, so nudging closer to a £15 Amazon voucher on vo (ear marked for Pickle's advent calendar)

Tonight is house work and washing as I've done nothing, pretty much, all week due to prepping for interview, interview and recover from interview.
    I need to get washing dry as it's taking too long, so I've put the heating on, switched most of the radiator's off and just left the bathroom's cast iron radiator to do its magic.
    I need to get to the point where nap time and post. Define tomorrow are times I can work on my consultancy work, I want them to have the product by half term, which is Friday.

Update on day 14

MSE OCTOBER GOALS

Mop pot target 1) £50.21/£72.38 (TT(
    Mop pot target 2) 0/£47.76
    Mop pot target 3) 0/£100

Money for new sling: £10/£110

Survey/tasks/cashback: £33.39/£50 no change
    £20 - shop along
    £4.90 - Shopmium
    £3.49- Qmee
    £5. - Swagbucks

NSDs: 6/12 -

Wish
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    lazy Sunday today, but also a nsd. Woop woop, nudging closer to my target.
    This evening I've tried to do some consultancy work, but the product I'm working on is now taking up so much computer memory it keeps crashing and takes ages to save, so I've not really made any progress, which is very annoying. Hopefully the computer will behave itself tomorrow night.

While waiting for the computer at various points, I had a look through my old teaching books and music books and have put together another box for ziffit. About £40 worth, we'll see how much I actually get from them (although they paid out on everything last time) but that's money into the sling fund when it comes.

I really need to figure out 3bay and put some things on there, nothing is selling on shp0ck or fb at the moment.

Need to get up and get cracking in the morning, pickle's bedroom is not cleaner proof in the slightest and there's a pile of clean clothes in our room to put away. I also need to pop out and buy bleach before she gets here around 9:30

After swimming we're meeting an ex colleague for lunch. So all in all not a nsd, but should be a good one.

This coming week is going to fly, and we're going to visit family in London on Friday, so I need to pack at some point. Could be an interesting week.

And... should here about the job tomorrrow. Trying not to get my hopes up or be too anxious about it. It both of those things are really hard.

Update on day 15

MSE OCTOBER GOALS

Mop pot target 1) £50.21/£72.38 no change.
    Mop pot target 3) 0/£100

(Ziffit money pending)

£20 - shop along
    £4.90 - Shopmium
    £3.49- Qmee
    £5. - Swagbucks

NSDs: 7/12 -

Wish
  • debtfreeforlife
    Options
    Well done on the NSD! Really hope that you heard positive things about the job today - keeping my fingers crossed for you.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    i guess the first thing to get out of the way is..
    I haven't heard about the job, so I'm assuming I haven't got it and moving on. I'm very sad. I was confident I could do the job, but hey ho, there are reasons for everything. I just need to get back in the band wagon. And move on.

My spends today have been bleach - and then the cleaner didn't turn up. And Lunch out. All from cash, so no effect on the bank account or the mop pot.

No surveys done yet, maybe this evening. But I did send the Ziffit box off. All being well that should boost my sling fund next week sometime.

Tomorrow I must collect a parcel from the sorting office and do a food shop, I've been putting it off since last Thursday. I can't put it off any longer though as we'll be roasting dust soon. Also having a coffee with a friend who I've not had a proper catch up with in ages.

Update on day 16

MSE OCTOBER GOALS

Mop pot target 1) £50.21/£72.38 no change.
    Mop pot target 3) 0/£100

(Ziffit money pending)

£20 - shop along
    £4.90 - Shopmium
    £3.49- Qmee
    £5. - Swagbucks

NSDs: 7/12 -

Wish
  • michelle09
    Options
    Sorry about the job. :( Hopefully there'll be another opportunity soon.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Me too. What's for you doesn't go by you.x
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ^^^^^^^

There'll be better things to come. :A

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • debtfreeforlife
    Options
    So sorry to hear about the job :( Might be worth leaving it a bit longer and then asking for feedback?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback