Nearly debt free diary

Options

Comments

• jemreading
    jemreading Posts: 337 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Been a little poorly today. Spend wise I'm at: £5.90 as it was £3 for lunch - haven't been well all morning so I didn't take my lunch (leftovers which I think made me a little poorly) so had to buy this and £2.90 for a bus ticket to my parents :)

Good news, the wedding dress I ordered came! I tried it on but it's not for me so it's going back (free delivery!) so nothing spent. Will get the £249.50 refunded back to my CC which will take it back to £850.

I'm still in the mindset that I have all this money to spend. Went into a shop today as had 50% on and they do really nice underwear that I always wear. I was going to buy £50 worth (!!!!!) got in the queue and realised I didn't have my card. I'm embarrassed to admit this, but the only reason I didn't buy was because I didn't have my CC :o
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm still itching to look online but I'm keeping busy to avoid the temptation!!!!
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Spent £1 on a big bar of chocolate at lunch time, but I used an old £1 coin that fell in front of me when I pull something from the wardrobe..
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    15 days until payday!

Money remaining:
    £40 shopping
    £10 social
    £5 in purse
    £41.40 in bank.

Things left this month:
    Date day: 15/07 - already paid for from date money. £10 left in date jar will get us petrol to go to and from our destination
    Shopping day: 21/07 - got £40 in the pot to last. I will need to go online and calculate what we can buy. We only need food as all toiletries are brought separately
    Friends birthday night - TBC - looking at spending £30 as need money for meal and drinks (not a big drinker so thinking: £15 for food, enough for 1 or 2 drinks and a taxi home - £30 (will pull £20 from bank for this)

Left = £5 purse money and £21.40 bank money.
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Went shop today to pick up cans of pop for work (£3.75) for a 10 pack + 15 mini chocolate brownies for £1. Pretty much spent the £5 in my purse.

I'm also considering going to a football pre-season friendly in August, it's £10 for a ticket but will need to buy it before Wednesday.

I have also looked at our shopping again as we covered the basics but it didn't leave any room for snacky bits (and snacky bits are what we are really missing this week!)

I've got it to come in at £57 for two weeks, and me and OH happy to put in the extra £10 so we don't have to spend at work.
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    For the past couple of months I've been finding that I've spent the majority of my money by now and then have to have quite a few NSD for the month. This really gets me in a low mood and I always search the internet for things I want (but can't afford)

For example, next month my salary is going to: paying back debt and going away for three days. We aren't doing any date nights and I've not got any money for treats or beauty stuff (not hard as I don't wear makeup!)

Things will be better come August as my weekdays are full with work and gym and my weekend is full with football and food shopping!
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    edited 14 July 2017 at 4:59PM
    Options
    Oh how a day can change. I went a purchased the football shirt I wanted out of the money left in my bank :(

Current financial affairs:
    Money remaining-
    £40 shopping
    £10 social
    £0 in purse
    £6.10 in bank account

Things left this month:
    Date day: 15/07 - already paid for from date money. £10 left in date jar will get us petrol to go to and from our destination
    Shopping day: 21/07 - My OH has allowed me to take the £40 cash for myself and put the shopping for £40 on my CC as long as I pay it back to my card. I'm going to put the £40 in my bank account.
    Friends birthday night: 25/07 - no longer need to worry about drinks or taxi as it's just a meal and my OH can pick me up/drop me off (looking at £15 for food)
    Football 05/08 - need to purchase a ticket for my manager and myself (£10 a ticket but manager will reimburse)

Current left now:
    £56.10 in bank account (£10 football ticket, £15 meal out)
    80p in change
    £68 in new £1 coins.
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    This is my expected outgoings next month:

Bills to M £350.00
    Food £60.00
    Electricity £35.00
    Football Ticket £33.18
    Phone £38.00 (not calculated add-on, more like £40?)
    Gym Membership £29.99
    Argos Card £375.00
    Credit Card £200.00
    Savings £0
    Treats £0
    Gifts(birthday/xmas) £30.00 (Nephew and Grandma - already got my sisters)
    Date night £0 (going away for three nights)
    Travel £120.00
    Socials £30.00

Debt repayments: £575 (Argos card will be paid off!)

I'm considering taking my £1 coins to the bank and using the £68 for travel money. I have £50 saved in the travel fund already. I'm trying to work out what I'll need to take with me!
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I've currently had a change of heart.

I have £16.10 of my own money left and I'm going to see how far it gets me. I will need to buy: 1 football ticket for £10 and a meal out at my friends birthday. I don't want to borrow £40 from the food to put on my credit card. I may not go to the football, then all I'll need to do is buy my meal at my friends birthday
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Had a lovely NSD today (OH treated me to a McDoodle's)

We had a date day. We had to travel to SeaLIFE (had £10 left in date jar so we used that for petrol) OH had money to pay for: parking (£4.20 for 2 hours) and he got us McDoodle's dinner (£9.20)

Decided not to travel out again for dates (had a 3 hour round trip for a lovely hour and a bit sealife experience)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure