Getting back on the MFW Wagon

Options

Comments

• Needhelpsaving
    Needhelpsaving Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 30 December 2016 at 10:35PM
    Options
    Hi Jules :hello: thanks for dropping by. Do you have a diary?

Went out with LO today to see a play based on a children's book (the tickets were part of our xmas gift to her).

Total spends today were;
    - £3.45 on travel to venue (in City Centre)
    - £22 on lunch with two family members
    - £9.29 on 20 razors and shaving gel for OH
    - £11.40 in Wilko on a calendar for 2017, some household bits, 2 packs of half price xmas cards (£1.50 for 30 cards) and wrapping paper for next xmas.

Purse has been purged of any odd pennies and these have been deposited into the mortgage piggy.

Back at work tomorrow, with a view to working at least 2 hours OT. That should keep me out of trouble! :rotfl: ETA actually managed 5 hours OT
    2022 Target - Reduce new mortgage balance after house move - Part 1 (Ported) Starting balance £39,982.12 currently £37,242.19 Part 2 Starting Balance £101,997.88 currently £96,197.38 (as at 19/04/2022)
  • Needhelpsaving
    Options
    Happy New Year!

I am pleased to report that Friday and yesterday were both NSD's. I felt a little out of sorts yesterday, so pushed the planned spend (new car seat for LO) to today.

I have purchased the seat through quidco and it is on sale at the store (£50) too, so pennies saved there. The new seat will be funded via the Car sinking fund.

The car seat and some butter will be the only spends today. Aiming for NSD's until Friday 06th, when we will need to do a top up shop.

Have more overtime booked in this week, all of this will go towards the savings target. Last week, I done 9 hours overtime and this week, I have another 4 hours planned.

I have been lurking about on the boards reading more diaries and picking up tips of how to make money work for us a bit better.

Here's to 2017 being a good year (and a money saving one!) :T
    2022 Target - Reduce new mortgage balance after house move - Part 1 (Ported) Starting balance £39,982.12 currently £37,242.19 Part 2 Starting Balance £101,997.88 currently £96,197.38 (as at 19/04/2022)
  • Needhelpsaving
    Options
    :mad::mad::mad:Rant Alert :mad::mad:

So my plan of a No spend week has gone slightly off track . . . I burned a hole in the back of one of my work dresses with the iron!

The iron was left on too high a heat and without checking it, I popped it down on my dress whilst smugly thinking to myself how organised I was, getting my stuff ready for the week ahead.

Needless to say, the smugness was short lived. The dress now fashions a triangular shaped hole in the back, that not even Kate Moss could get away with wearing.

As I have a small wardrobe, I cannot forgo this item. So tomorrow morning I will be scouring our local M&S outlet for a new skirt or trousers that I could pair with some tops I already own.

Rant over :o
  • Needhelpsaving
    Options
    Out bright and early this morning with a list of items that were needed to be replaced in my wardrobe (if I came across the right item).

A skirt and two new tops were purchased for work from the local M&S outlet - actual price £51.50, should have been over £100 based on RRP. These should last me a good while now and fit really nicely.

I came across some trainers in the local Nike outlet to replace my current pair (which have been worn for at least 3 days a week for over a year :o). £42 paid, £60 RRP.

All of these items were bought from the money I received for xmas, so these purchases haven't impacted the bottom line.

Budget has been updated to show spends against sinking funds. On track for the rest of the month, but I need to get plenty more NSD's in.
  • Needhelpsaving
    Options
    After a spendy Monday, I managed two NSD's (Tues and Wed). Moved grocery shopping forward to today as working on Saturday - total spend was £17.56 for a few bits of fruit, cereal, yoghurts, bread etc.

Also popped by the library to pick up some books to read, instead of browsing the internet if I am bored.

Savings have been added to today;
    £50 cashed from piggy bank that has been collecting our odd bits of change/weekly under-spends in purse.
    £1.28 payout from Quidco.

Now sitting at £736.57/£1500.

Lots of OT coming up at work, but all moving in the right direction.
  • Needhelpsaving
    edited 8 January 2017 at 5:37PM
    Options
    Blimey, this week has been busy. Friday, Saturday and today have all been NSD's.

OT cancelled for yesterday, but this was welcomed as I needed some downtime and didn't leave the house - it was lovely. I was very lazy, but sometimes it just has to be that way ;)

Feeling a bit better today and have been a lot more productive. Lots of cleaning and ironing done so far today in preparation for the week ahead.

I will need to get some more milk tomorrow (It disappears in our house) and make a list of bits needed for the weekly top-up shop on Thursday.

Here's to another Money Saving week :money:

ETA - put outstanding grocery money from last week into piggy bank (£3.50) and have budgeted a max of £25 for this weeks shop (in cash).
  • Needhelpsaving
    edited 12 January 2017 at 6:15PM
    Options
    NSD's on Monday and today. Picked up some milk on Tuesday evening and done grocery shop yesterday.

Meals were planned for the rest of the month before I went shopping and so with the exception of bread and milk next week, there will be no other spends.

LO spent the morning with grandparents and I managed to get a couple of long overdue DIY jobs ticked off the list. There will be more needed at the weekend, but I was using up varnish/paint that we already had, so nothing has been spent in getting the house sorted.

NSD tomorrow and Saturday, as I am working both days. Sunday will be spent at home and there will be no spends until Wed or Thurs when we need bread and milk.

I am really going to knuckle down the last 2 weeks of the month to stay on track with my savings target of having 1500 saved by 28/02/17 (and planning to beat it).

We also potentially have something exciting on the horizon, but I am going to wait and see whether it comes to fruition before I get too ahead of myself. If it does come off, it could have a big impact on our MFW journey . . . . fingers crossed ;)

Any hooo . . . I hope everyone is having a good January (despite the wet and cold) and stays safe with this forecast of snow :)
  • Needhelpsaving
    Options
    Just dropping by while I have a few minutes. I have got to say, that having read some of the MF diaries on this board that some of you are off to a great start this year.

I have managed an NSD yesterday and today and as I was at work today, that is another 5 hours overtime in the pot for this month.

Having the next two weekends off and keeping to my usual hours as OH will be working OT instead.
  • lavinia21
    Options
    Keep up the great work with the nsd im going to try a nsm in feb will be my first go so we will wait and see
    Positivity is the key there is a reason why life happens. Find your rainbow and ride it.
  • Needhelpsaving
    Options
    Hi Lavinia, thanks for dropping by.

I am intrigued by your NSM - does this include groceries or just cutting back on non-essential spends?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure