Financial hardship online resources

Comments

• leclerc
    leclerc Posts: 137 Forumite
    0411k wrote: »
    if you have already tried to claim bank charges in the past and was rejected and since then you have become financially hard up but also have lost the letters saying your case was rejected do you then need to go through the whole process of reclaiming again??

No you don't but the bank does not have to consider any hardship claim that is not (a) Household financial hardship and (b) is not recent.
    If you do need copies then a full Subject Access Request will be needed with a cheque/postal order for £10.00
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    A list of financial organisations that subscribe to the lending code mentioned in post#2.

It is that lending code that forms the basis of claims made on financial hardship grounds (but even if your bank hasn't committed to abide by the lending code, still approach them if in financial hardship, but be careful how you word your claim)

http://www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk/subscriberlist.php
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • tifo
    tifo Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    the CAS report isn't available on the link ....
  • Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    tifo wrote: »
    the CAS report isn't available on the link ....
    The report can now be found here :)

http://www.cas.org.uk/Resources/CAS/Migrated%20Resources/Documents/ER%20Fully%20Charged
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • tifo
    tifo Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Premier wrote: »
    The report can now be found here :)

Thanks. Would the report still be able to be used in the UK, however it can be?
  • I want to reclaim my bank charges for the past six years. Recently I had to set up a DMP because as a family we are struggling to put food on the table after paying the bills and debt repayments. Will the banks only look at refunding charges since I have set my DMP up or will they refund all in the past six years because I am now in financial hardship?
  • my bank has made me overdrawn even though i havent got an overdraught on my account and they are charging me £5 a day until its cleared but i cant afford to can someone please tell me what to do
  • mikeyburnsey
    mikeyburnsey Posts: 22 Forumite
    Hi I don't know if this is the correct place for this but can I claim back PPI even though I was Bankrupt for 1 year???
  • Little_Mo_70
    Little_Mo_70 Posts: 417 Forumite
    rendyroo52 wrote: »
    my bank has made me overdrawn even though i havent got an overdraught on my account and they are charging me £5 a day until its cleared but i cant afford to can someone please tell me what to do

How is the bank's fault? Are you sure it wasn't you withdrawing money you didn't have? Banks charge for unauthorised overdrafts and naturally they want you to pay the charges you have incurred for being overdrawn.

If you are having difficulties with your finances speak to them.
  • debtinfo
    debtinfo Posts: 7,012 Forumite
    Hi I don't know if this is the correct place for this but can I claim back PPI even though I was Bankrupt for 1 year???

If the Original PPI was taken out before the bankruptcy then im afraid that you do not have a right to claim this back, that claim transfered to and remains with the trustee of your bankruptcy
    Hi, im Debtinfo, i am an ex insolvency examiner and over the years have personally dealt with thousands of bankruptcy cases.
    Please note that any views i put forth are not those of my former employer The Insolvency Service and do not constitute professional advice, you should always seek professional advice before entering insolvency proceedings.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure