Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,246 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I don't miss school expenses that's for sure :( Sounds like it's worse than when my two were at school, reading some of the diaries, and they were after money constantly then.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • I’ve never known it be this bad SA. DS1 leaves his school this year, and I’ve already paid £21.50 for a Leavers hoodie. Thankfully he didn’t want a Year Book as that was another £15. There’s also been the option of another trip for £9 but he didn’t want to go on that.

And this is before I need a full uniform shop for the new school l:eek:.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I’ve never known it be this bad SA. DS1 leaves his school this year, and I’ve already paid £21.50 for a Leavers hoodie. Thankfully he didn’t want a Year Book as that was another £15. There’s also been the option of another trip for £9 but he didn’t want to go on that.

And this is before I need a full uniform shop for the new school l:eek:.

What the flip is a leavers hoodie? and since when did we have year books?! :mad::mad::mad:
    Must use my stash up!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,181 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Leavers hoodies have been on the go for a while as have year books :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • The story has been printed online so far by one newspaper, but as far as I know it hasn’t gone to ‘actual’ print yet. The journalist has been off for the last couple of days so hopefully I’ll hear more when she’s back at work.
    All responses to the story have been amazing, apart from MiL who hates it :eek:. She’s been miserable since Monday :(.

KW, the hoodie has a number 18 (ie 2018) printed on the back, made up of all the kids names. They all have their own name/nickname printed in big letters across the top too.

Another trip letter came home on Monday - but thank the Lord this one is free!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    The story has been printed online so far by one newspaper, but as far as I know it hasn’t gone to ‘actual’ print yet. The journalist has been off for the last couple of days so hopefully I’ll hear more when she’s back at work.
    All responses to the story have been amazing, apart from MiL who hates it :eek:. She’s been miserable since Monday :(.

KW, the hoodie has a number 18 (ie 2018) printed on the back, made up of all the kids names. They all have their own name/nickname printed in big letters across the top too.

Another trip letter came home on Monday - but thank the Lord this one is free!

Thank you telling me what the heckers leaving hoodies are! (and to think we just signed each others shirts :rotfl:), sorry to hear that MIL isn't happy - do you think maybe she is upset because she realises what you all go through day on day which she doesn't see and so she thought it was better than it is?
    Must use my stash up!
  • I think MiL hates the idea that anyone will see him as less than perfect. She hasn’t actually acknowledged it or spoken to me about it at all, she has only said a few words to DH and then been very distant and snappy with him :(.
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I think MiL hates the idea that anyone will see him as less than perfect. She hasn’t actually acknowledged it or spoken to me about it at all, she has only said a few words to DH and then been very distant and snappy with him :(.

Ah ... err... surely anyone that knows the family has an idea that things are, shall we say, not ideal?
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch wrote: »
    Ah ... err... surely anyone that knows the family has an idea that things are, shall we say, not ideal?

Quite!! Xx
  • A magazine has bid £250 for the story :j. This is a huge relief as DS1’s school uniform for September will cost £150 :eek:. After it’s been printed, other magazines can then bid too, so fingers crossed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport