Home carer redundancy?

Hi,

My mum was employed in a team of carers to look after a lady who was ill. My mum worked there for 19 years and this week unfortunately the lady died. My mum isn't sure where she stands with redundancy as the lady suddenly died and as of the day she died her employment effectively ended. Her colleagues seem to think they will get 3 months wages and that's it but I would have thought she would also get redundancy. Her friend who works in the job centre said she won't get redundancy as she hasn't been made redundant and death is different but I would have thought you would still get redundancy money?

My mum is 55 so from what I read she would get a week and a half for each year but I read that she might not get the 3 months as it's a frustrration of contract. I believe she was employed by the family and it was partially funded though the local council but that's all I know about the employer really.

If anyone can shed some light if she would get redundancy in this situation as I don't know much about redundancy really.

Thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family