Car Insurance Job Picker Discussion

Options

Comments

• MeeeeeClare
    Options
    Great tip! It is amazing what a difference it can make.
    I always struggle with my job title, and still do sadly as i cant find anything that i think matches well enough on your list either.
    My title is "Videographer and Social Media Manager". I work full time for a website, i film videos, edit and publish them on the site. I am also in charge of the Social Media for the company, running FB, Twitter etc.
    Online companies are so difficult to describe for insurance and credit card applications etc. I often have to take the best guess even though i know its not quite right.
    Does anyone have any tips on what i should be using to both get the best deal and not be lying? thanks in advance!
  • thecatsmother70
    Options
    I work in risk management/compliance, yet there are no job titles close to either of these listed and I work in the insurance industry! I find it absolutely extraordinary that even standard roles in the insurance industry are not listed by insurance companies...
  • rudekid48
    rudekid48 Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I work in risk management/compliance, yet there are no job titles close to either of these listed and I work in the insurance industry! I find it absolutely extraordinary that even standard roles in the insurance industry are not listed by insurance companies...

Compliance? You'll find it listed under "parasite" :p
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
  • rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    rudekid48 wrote: »
    Compliance? You'll find it listed under "parasite" :p

Or Business Prevention Department
  • karenhenry04
    Options
    Insurance sales is the best option to earn money.

Car insurance is done by these Insurance agent.Well I would prefer to contact you for insurance.

Thanks for posting.
  • Dhiammara
    Options
    My husband left work several years ago and, although we've been saying he's retired, he's not of state pension age, but does draw a pension from a previous employer. Should we really be declaring him as a househusband or retired? He does the housework/preps meals while I'm at work (and yes - I consider myself very lucky).

We're also considering a change in my work status. I'm currently employed full time but we're in a position to move across the country, me give up work and live off savings/investments. I won't be entitled to any pension for quite some years, won't be claiming benefits of any kind and my husband won't be working either so how would we classify ourselves to insurers in this case?

I'm not ruling out working in some self-employed capacity in the future but I'm not sure what to state (or worse - to select from drop down menus) to insurance companies.
  • Morph4610
    Options
    Hi Dhiammara, you're right this is a tricky area of insurance. Sounds like your husband is retired as you don't mention he has any intention of returning to work (and is drawing a pension). Also think (based on your explanation) that you'll also be retired ( at least for a while) if you go through the move you mention. Always best to discuss this with your broker/insurer if you're not happy with things. The only occupation which may attract significantly higher premiums in your scenario is unemployed (especially if you are drawing benefits). Hope this helps
  • woodc
    Options
    Hi does anyone know what is the best job description to pick for bar staff?
    The only option that I can find on the list is Bar Manager (which she isn't!)
    Thanks in advance
    :wall:
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry if this has been answered earlier. ...but what about being registered with a Temp Agency, for office work? You could be sent to a different "industry" every week. E.g. bank, insurance, builders merchant, garage etc.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    woodc wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know what is the best job description to pick for bar staff?
    The only option that I can find on the list is Bar Manager (which she isn't!)
    Thanks in advance

Barman is standard job description on most insurance quote engines
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family