Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

please-let-me-be-lucky
please-let-me-be-lucky Posts: 10,202
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
Forumite
edited 15 January 2019 at 5:48PM in Debt free diaries
This is my 2nd diary on MSE. My first diary, "When I asked for luck I didn't mean the bad variety!!" has to be closed as it's reached over 5000 posts!! It can be found here;

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3911061

In 2011 my Husband had a motorcycle accident resulting in a severe brain injury, memory problems and Epilepsy. Unfortunately he is getting worse not better and I am now his full time Carer, which can be challenging, but I'm ever grateful he is still here! I also have 2 boys aged 10 and almost 5, a part time job and I'm currently a Beaver Leader but I've just given notice to leave at Christmas (as much as it pains me!) as I just can't manage that too. The last 3.5 years have been hard going for lots of reasons, but worth it. Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day!!

At the time of the accident we owed over £23,700 on credit cards and we currently owe just over £3000. Hopefully this diary will see us getting debt free forever! I hope you'll join me.

Lucky Xx

MoneySavingExpert.com update, Tuesday 15 Jan 2019

Forumite please-let-me-be-lucky shared her inspirational story on the Martin Lewis Money Show this week.

In 2011 a motorcycle accident left her husband with a severe brain injury. At the time, they owed nearly £24,000 on credit cards. Thanks to her incredible perseverance, all while being a full-time carer, they’re debt-free.

You can watch the story of her amazing achievement on the Martin Lewis Money Show.

Alternatively, grab a cuppa, sit down and read the thread with her diary below (or catch up on events after the show here).
Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
Best win so far - holiday to Florida

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family