IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HELP PLEASE - Do I need to act on a Letter of Claim BW Legal?

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Show us the paperwork. All the above is nonsense without a reference point, Steve.
  • this link has the recent letter from BW - is this what you need?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0hxmq6jdarn6usb/AABAGv720SzMIH5UU-iBcdosa?dl=0
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 3 November 2018 at 10:46AM
    Are your initals **?
  • bennjiboy
    bennjiboy Posts: 87 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 November 2018 at 10:56AM
    yes thats right Quentin but im not RK or driver - have changed initials on DB thanks!

i also added the original NTK from Dec 2015
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Anyone following your link will see your full name

Your decision whether or not it would be detrimental.
  • Cheers, so the question is now is my response to bw legal ok or can I add / remove anything based on the letters sent?
    Thank you everyone 👍
  • one for the "file" pile?

If you want to be a bit more pro-active, then send a SAR to UKPPO asking for all your details. If there is no letter or communication to BW about these "instructions" then ask why not. It won't be legally privileged so they should cough it up.

No letter then a complaint to the SRA

Hi IamEmanresu and other helpful people :-)

received the following back from UKPPO, with a file showing nothing apart from 3 screenshots from their system, and no information about anything they have sent about the keeper to any other company - and this reply below...what next please do i send the same SAR to DRP?

Also, about the claim not being in keepers name, thats because I did it and im not the keeper not driver! Do i ask for an SAR on me too?

UK Parking Patrol

Department 309,

Great Northern House,

275 Deansgate

Manchester

M3 4EL

Dear Madam,

Parking Charge Number:

Vehicle Registration Number:

Thank you for your request. Please see the attached documentation, which I hope is sufficient as it is an accumulation of the data we hold on you.

I believe, as the matter was passed onto Debt Recovery Plus Ltd, that they may hold further personal information pertaining to you, as may other companies.

Please be advised that you have not been provided with copies of any appeal correspondence as, they were not submitted under your name.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely

S Doyle

UK Parking Patrol Office Ltd
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    do i send the same SAR to DRP?
    No, do not engage with them.
    Also, about the claim not being in keepers name, thats because I did it and im not the keeper not driver! Do i ask for an SAR on me too?
    What, you are/were neither keeper nor hirer nor driver of the car? How come YOU appealed?

You need to spell that out to UKPPO and ask how they think they can possibly hold a third party stranger to the alleged contract, liable just because you wrote the appeal (because...why?).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • My wife is the keeper, I just did the appeal in my name as I had the time to do this.

All the correspondence has been in my wife’s name though, from all companies ukppo drp Gladstone’s bw..
  • To confirm as well, it is my wife as the keeper they are chasing the money from, not me, I am just doing the work to get this invoice cancelled!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure