Google search changes to Bing

Options
Hi
Using Safari on a mac, all of a sudden when I search from the Google home page, it starts off fine then suddenly changes to Bing.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• oldernonethewiser
    Options
    Does it change after you have entered a search query? i.e. once you put whatever you are searching for in Google does it deliver the search in Bing?
    Is Google still ticked in your preferences for the search engine?
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• xbrenx
    xbrenx Posts: 962 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does it change after you have entered a search query? i.e. once you put whatever you are searching for in Google does it deliver the search in Bing?
    Is Google still ticked in your preferences for the search engine?

Yes, it changes after the search has started, it seems to start off as a google search, produces a list in google for a split second then transfers to Bing.
    Google is still ticked in preferences.
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Saw someone's mac do this once. IIRC in this case it was making Firefox use Yahoo instead of google. The Mozilla support site had advice on how to check manually.

Wonder if this is a similar type using unwelcome addons.

I think the owner had to download and use malwarebytes and found some bits of malware to remove and that fixed it.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • xbrenx
    Options
    zagubov wrote: »
    Saw someone's mac do this once. IIRC in this case it was making Firefox use Yahoo instead of google. The Mozilla support site had advice on how to check manually.

Wonder if this is a similar type using unwelcome addons.

I think the owner had to download and use malwarebytes and found some bits of malware to remove and that fixed it.

That fills me with dread lol
    I uninstalled firefox a few weeks ago because of malware, I did everything I could to rid my machine of it but maybe not successfully.
    Perhaps I need to do some more serious cleaning of my mac :(
  • xbrenx
    Options
    Yep! Malware problems.
    Thanks for your help :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing