Squirrelgirls MF quest

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank you all for your good wishes and kind words....you really are a lovely bunch of people on here and make the stress a lot easier to manage !:smileyhea

So, despite the horrendous weather here (crazy wind and driving rain!) the lads have been hard at work on the windows :D We now have most of the installation done but they are going to have to come back tomorrow to do the bay window and finish off the outside (current weather conditions made it impossible to do today :eek:)

They really are so lovely that it almost (but not quite! ;)) makes up for the appalling service up to the installation point - once this is all done I will be naming and shaming and listing all the reasons that they need to be named and shamed - it's really not just the length of time but one of the main selling points was that the windows are meant to be 'custom fitted' which makes them better than other companies as the others just use foam to fill the gaps.....well, a couple of the windows have an inch + deep of foam :eek:

Anyhoo, onto less annoying things! ;) sparky is coming to do another couple of hours on Thursday - I've hopefully got a plasterer coming round tonight to price up and give me a date (depending on the quote) but it will probably be in December before we can get any further with that...thankfully, dh is going to put the wm back tonight (even if only temporarily) so that I can get some washing sorted - throwing out my 'don't wear' clothes was a great idea until I didn't have access to a wm!!:rotfl:

All in all, I'm feeling pretty positive now - I know there is a long way to go and I will probably lose it again at some point but once the windows and electrics are done, I can get some vague sort of order into the house while I'm waiting for the plastering :T

Right, off to pour myself a drink and admire my new front door! ;) Once again, thanks for all your support and understanding throughout this....you're all absolute stars! :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Windows and doors are in - one window is cracked and another one doesn't open but they want me to pay the full balance and they'll get them sorted!! :rotfl: Yeah, right...you've lied all the way through so of course I'll pay you before the job is properly completed!!! :think: errm, no..don't think so...see you in court if I need to! ;)

My advice....DON'T EVER USE EVEREST!!!! Biggest cowboys I have EVER dealt with...charge over the top based on lies and broken promises! The only decent thing about them were the installers! Lovely blokes doing the best they can with badly measured windows :(

On the plus side, I now have a date for my plastering!! :j By the end of this year, I should have the plastering and decorating completed and a house that no longer looks like a tornado hit! ;)

DS and DiL have paid their first rent payment so that's gone straight into the house fund (really need to update figures in my sig :o) and I've got a relatively clear weekend ahead :D I'm going to check my figures tomorrow and will make sure I'm back in control of it all...its all been a bit chaotic recently so it really needs doing!

414 days to go....
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Windows and doors are in - one window is cracked and another one doesn't open but they want me to pay the full balance and they'll get them sorted!! :rotfl: Yeah, right...you've lied all the way through so of course I'll pay you before the job is properly completed!!! :think: errm, no..don't think so...see you in court if I need to! ;)

Outrageous!:eek: Common practice with virtually any job is to withhold a %age until all snags are done. Fools!
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    greent wrote: »
    Outrageous!:eek: Common practice with virtually any job is to withhold a %age until all snags are done. Fools!

I'm withholding the entire amount until they've sorted greent ;) wouldn't dream of it normally but with this bunch of cowboys, I have absolutely no trust in them whatsoever and am pretty convinced that they wouldn't bother sorting it if I paid them a percentage of the job! :mad: I hate having to do it, it really isn't in my nature to not pay bills but they haven't left me with much of a choice :( As soon as the work is done, I will pay it immediately - to be honest, I really should go to trading standards and Fensa about them but I've got to the point where I just want to see the back of the company and put the whole sorry saga behind me.....

I've updated my sig now - I'm still not sure that I have all the figures right but I've done it as well as I am able to at the moment ;) I am pretty sure that my plastering and electrics will both come in under budget (sparky didn't come back on Thursday and isn't back till next week now :() which is great as they should all be done by the end of December and then I can start to put my hovel back together!! :j

As I am intending to have this house done and the mortgage gone by Solstice 2019, I think I am going to start a new diary on Solstice this year - it's going to be a hell of a job achieving what I need to in the next 13 months (:eek: it's that all the time I have left???!!!!:eek:) so I think that I will have to keep a daily diary to keep me on top of everything.....I could just continue with this one but the trauma I have had so far is pretty depressing when I read back on it (not life in general, just the stuff with Everest ;)) and I don't want to be reminded of it every time I re-read my stuff to re-motivate myself! ;):rotfl:

I know that we are doing pretty well at the moment, but having to live the way we are is making being organised a bit difficult (hence the losing track of budget totals etc). Once the major works are completed, it will be a lot easier to keep focus and to push harder to achieve our goals :D

anyhoo...413 days to go......
  • Hazelnutty
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your Everest woes. Have some fun when you've recovered leaving reviews on Trustpilot etc and reporting to whoever's responsible. We had a terrible experience with a hotel last year and OH gleefully left reviews wherever possible (I hate confrontation, even online, and even when fully justified by total incompetence, rudeness etc). Shiny new diary sounds like a plan :)
    Choose kind:)
  • the_cross_rabbit
    Options
    Hold on tight to your money and principles regarding the windows.Sending virtual hugs and G and T's (if that's your tipple?) Let us know when you start your new diary.
    CRx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hold on tight to your money and principles regarding the windows.Sending virtual hugs and G and T's (if that's your tipple?) Let us know when you start your new diary.
    CRx

Thanks CR :D more of a jd & coke girl myself but any alcohol is pretty much okay with me!! :rotfl:

We've had a look at diy built in wardrobes on the internet and are confident that we can do it for half the price we were quoted from a couple of companies - hopefully, we'll be able to get them even cheaper as we aren't going to be ordering until chrimbo/new year and I'll be surprised if there are no sales on at that point! ;)

I've gone through the budgets, I'm really confident now that I can get the house done and the mortgage paid off by solstice of next year but I'm really not convinced that we will be able to get the garden sorted by then :think: However, dh and I agree that the inside of the house and paying off the mortgage are definitely the priorities and we are going to do those first - if the garden takes an additional few months, we can live with that (not that it's going to stop me trying though! ;))

I'm just really looking forward to the end of this year when I will have the major works done - living in a building site is all well and good for a while but it gets pretty depressing after a while :( thankfully, dh cleaned up as much as possible yesterday so it's a lot cleaner than it was but it's still full of tools, trunking, wires etc On the plus side, slobbing as much as I currently am means I'm not really seeing much of it so it's a win-win!! :rotfl:

Hope you're all having a fab weekend! :D
  • Couldsavemore
    Options
    Afternoon!
    Fingers crossed your windows are sorted asap :mad: am angry on your behalf!

13 months to get everything sounds great... manic and frantic but it will be done!

I have 17 years of mortgage left but busily trying to cut it back!

Hope you have a nice weekend!
    # 36 1p challenge 2024 - £397.56

#13 POYD by Christmas 24  £1925/8138… nearly 25%

February Grocery Challenge  /300
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks couldsavemore :D

Dh put a stiff complaint in on Wednesday and had a reply stating that i would get a call that day to arrange a surveyor visit....still waiting!! :mad: honestly, I've worked in local and central government previously and never thought I would ever see incompetence like it again, but Everest are without parallel!!! :mad: If it wasn't so incredibly frustrating and appalling, it would be worth celebration!! :rotfl:

Anyhoo, onto less depressing things ;) all is going pretty well, sparky is back tomorrow and I've had a convo with ds about what we need to sort and he's on board...we do have a lot to complete in the next couple of weeks before the plasterer starts so it will be full steam ahead tomorrow ;) while the sparky is here I'm taking up the tiles in the hall and utility room, ds is taking down the ceiling in my grandbaby's room and then next week we are boarding the ceiling and sorting the windowsills :D at some point i need to cook too...not sure what but I'll need to do enough to last a couple of days while we work :D

Hope everyone is having a great weekend...tune in for the next tragic installment in a few days!! :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    And the saga continues! :rotfl: hopefully by the end of the week we will have some decision on the windows...we have a surveyor coming out tomorrow(although its the same bloke as did the original measurements so not convinced he'll be unbiased! :cool:) and the sparky has done more but still not finished which is slightly concerning but I'm trying to hold my nerve! ;)

The floor tiles are gone but we haven't done the ceiling yet as still too much stuff in the way...hopefully that will get sorted in the next week or so.....

Money wise, we're still on track...all the light fittings have been bought now so at least that's one completed job!! :j and we've had the broadband sorted too so checking for stuff online has been a lot easier over the past couple of days...

I'm really looking forward to the point where we are not relying on anyone else to get stuff done...it's very hard being out of control of it all at the moment...it goes against my nature to not have control and makes me stressed although I'm trying really hard just to go with the flow at the moment :o

Right, time to do the day job....hope everyone is having a less fraught time!! ;)

398 days to go.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport