Warning - do not use wolstenholmes solicitors

Options

Comments

• Cattaylor
    Options
    I'm in the process of using Wolstenholmes - so far they have been completely useless! And my buyer's solicitor appears to be even worse! We've been selling/buying a garage (not a complicated piece of conveyancing, nor worth paying £500 to a solicitor for their services - although for the stress suffered so far maybe I should revise that ...) since beginning of June!!!
  • firsttimeer
    Options
    I am using Wolstenholmes again...they have just dealt with the sale of our house and we instructed them again for the purchase. I think our solicitor joanne davis has been really good. yes, we have had to wait a little while sometimes but in the main very good. I think its a little unfair because not everyone is the same. we have never had a problem with them and have heard of worse firms. I think things might have changed since we used them the first time-about 10 weeks ago. I asked one of the advisors how to complain and she told me they had a whole policy in place! I said that I have read the things on the internet and was told there are a lot of new solicitors in the firm and better file managements! like I said, no problems so far and we are very happy with our solicitor. she always returns our calls (although some times maybe the next day) and knows what she is doing.
  • cakinwande
    Options
    1 post wonder. Since Wolstenholmes are trawling the internet for all the bad comments I wouldnt put it past them creating bogus accounts to try and make themselves seem better than they realistically are.
    I am using Wolstenholmes again...they have just dealt with the sale of our house and we instructed them again for the purchase. I think our solicitor joanne davis has been really good. yes, we have had to wait a little while sometimes but in the main very good. I think its a little unfair because not everyone is the same. we have never had a problem with them and have heard of worse firms. I think things might have changed since we used them the first time-about 10 weeks ago. I asked one of the advisors how to complain and she told me they had a whole policy in place! I said that I have read the things on the internet and was told there are a lot of new solicitors in the firm and better file managements! like I said, no problems so far and we are very happy with our solicitor. she always returns our calls (although some times maybe the next day) and knows what she is doing.
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 2,924 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    All these unhappy clients, how many have actually followed the firms complaint proceedure?
  • Israfel
    Israfel Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    just the extra stress I needed, been so busy with work and sorting out the mortgage I haven't been chasing Wolstenholmes up. I think I'll ring first thing tomorrow as this thread is scaring the crap out of me. I'm still waiting to hear back on my mortgage approval, my job etc has sent their letters to the building society. Is it too late to cancel wolstenholmes and get a local solicitor?
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Quote:
    we have never had a problem with them and have heard of worse firms
    <snip>
    I asked one of the advisors how to complain and she told me they had a whole policy in place!

:confused:

Huh? Why ask how to complain if you've never had a problem with them? Unless you work for them and are trying to address the points raised as a "consumer" ...? Sorry if you are genuine, but 1 apparently contradictory post in a thread of naysayers is a little suspicious you must agree!
  • cakinwande
    Options
    I did and I received no reply so I went straight to the Legal Complaints Service. Its the best way to get justice.
    Keith wrote: »
    All these unhappy clients, how many have actually followed the firms complaint proceedure?
  • cakinwande
    Options
    Its never too late to get a new solicitor if you explain to those involved it has been a nightmare and you are making a complaint if you chose to do so. I changed easily. Wolstenholmes took 5 months of nothing where as my new solicitor, Herrington Carmichael took 2 weeks. I would ask your seller or mortgage advisor to recommend a solicitor for you.
    Israfel wrote: »
    just the extra stress I needed, been so busy with work and sorting out the mortgage I haven't been chasing Wolstenholmes up. I think I'll ring first thing tomorrow as this thread is scaring the crap out of me. I'm still waiting to hear back on my mortgage approval, my job etc has sent their letters to the building society. Is it too late to cancel wolstenholmes and get a local solicitor?
  • Israfel
    Israfel Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    Cheers cakinwande,

Well, i thought I'd put it to the test today. As I'm waiting on official word from the building society I wasn't in too much of a rush. I emailed the solicitor I was assigned this morning at 8:30, at 3, having received no reply I decided to try calling (twice) and both times went straight to answerphone (informing me he couldn't answer right now, no mention of holidays or anything and I got no out of office reply on my email). I've left a message asking him to phone me back. At this stage I've had no contact and I'm not feeling particularly confident.
  • choke01
    Options
    Joy of joys! Wolstenholmes turns out to be a bunch of cowboys. Brilliant. Makes me wonder what the point is of all these consumer watchdogs and associations, if all you have to do when confronted is just point at some other guy and say "no, I dont own this company. He does" Its true what they say about buying a house being one of the most stressfull things you'll ever do. Especially where this lot are concerned. Anyone from Wolstenholmes; you have 2 emails from me (Simon Smith)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure