Karcher window washer

Options
I want to buy a Karcher window Washer.

It's for the inside of the windows and want it to be pretty lightweight.
Also, (the most important point) I have small depth top openers on windows so need a smaller blade for these.
Can anyone recommend a suitable model?

Comments

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't bother. We're on our 4th Karcher window washer. They're cheap and nasty. The electronics fail as they electrics aren't properly waterproofed which is a pretty major design flaw with a wet vacuum! We're only on our 4th because they last about a month and then we send it back to Amazon for a replacement as we can't get our money back. No idea how long Amazon will keep doing it. Karcher's customer service is abysmal - they refuse to replace as they're claiming it's customer mis-use. Look at the reviews on Amazon - lots of people have the same problem.
  • foxtrotoscar_2
    Options
    Pennywise wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't bother. We're on our 4th Karcher window washer. They're cheap and nasty. The electronics fail as they electrics aren't properly waterproofed which is a pretty major design flaw with a wet vacuum! We're only on our 4th because they last about a month and then we send it back to Amazon for a replacement as we can't get our money back. No idea how long Amazon will keep doing it. Karcher's customer service is abysmal - they refuse to replace as they're claiming it's customer mis-use. Look at the reviews on Amazon - lots of people have the same problem.

I've had the WV1 for four years and it's as good as it was when I first bought it. Reviews on Amazon are 87% 4 and 5 stars.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've had the WV1 for four years and it's as good as it was when I first bought it. Reviews on Amazon are 87% 4 and 5 stars.

Exactly the same here with my WV2 , I love mine and its been going strong for years.

I am a cleaner and its invaluable for shower screens and mirrors.

OP the WV2 and I am sure other models come with 2 blade sizes, a large one and a nice small one.

Buy one, you certainly won't regret it.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I got one, mostly free through cashback money.
    Not sure I'd buy one again. It's okay at what it does but not amazing.
    But saying that, it's usefulness is top notch.
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mine is at least 3 years old never had a issue with them nor water getting inside. Makes light work of drying windows and save a ton of time
  • 3secondmemory
    Options
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    Exactly the same here with my WV2 , I love mine and its been going strong for years.

I am a cleaner and its invaluable for shower screens and mirrors.

OP the WV2 and I am sure other models come with 2 blade sizes, a large one and a nice small one.

Buy one, you certainly won't regret it.

Can you use it on tiles?
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Options
    I've never had one but I wash our windows with a wet soapy (fairy liquid) cloth and a squeegee and they come up great every time.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can you use it on tiles?

I suppose you could although its a flat blade so not sure it would suck the water off of the grout which could then run down the tile and leave water marks.

Not tried to be honest.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure