Warning - do not use wolstenholmes solicitors

Comments

• I paid £300 deposit 2 weeks ago. Im a first time buyer. I haven hard nothing from them since. I received no login or anything etc no requests for documents

I today just chased them up as the sellers solicitor let the estate agent know that they had not had any contact ..

I eventually got through on the 0161 437 1232 number Option 6 I think

was on hold 8-9 minutes

then got through to the solicitor handling my case .. they mentioned that my file was in some room they coudlnt get to .. apparently it doubles as a meeting room .. then they went on hold .. come back to mew 3-4 minutes later with my file and said I had not sent back sdocuments they asked for (ID etC Bank statements) .. being naive I didnt know I had to even send these

Then this is the kicker.. I said look I think im better off spending the £500 more and going to high street solicitor and the phone went quiet and then he/she agreed with me and said yes .. I didnt say this but go to a high street one !!!! tahst someone who even works for them

Im in the process of doing that today as I dont wanna lose my house . I have send 4 emails to them today saying I wish to disintsruct them

I also called the legal complaints department and they are sending me a form to fill in. They said they had contact from WH last week saying they are having I.T problems .. HAH!!!! so that stops all phones working ?

I so wish I had googled them I just hope I can get my £300 back ..

AVOID!!!!!
  • Wolstenholmes Solicitors LLP Beware embarking on any conveyance with these!
    Our second attempt @ purchasing another property began with this company. Fortunately, our past experience made us more aware of the behaviour of poor conveyors, (there are a great many, as can be seen on this website).
    Following any website enquiries made, quotes acquired, contact will occur. They have a 'caller' who will seem quite persuasive & will suggest you make your down payment immediately, usually credit card.
    Then you will hear nothing.
    No documentation, no calls, no emails.
    All communication seems to vanish.
    After 2 weeks we simply filed a fraudulent transaction with our Credit Card provider.
    The website they use Best Conveyancing

I paid £300 deposit 2 weeks ago. Im a first time buyer. I haven hard nothing from them since. I received no login or anything etc no requests for documents

I today just chased them up as the sellers solicitor let the estate agent know that they had not had any contact ..

I eventually got through on the 0161 437 1232 number Option 6 I think

was on hold 8-9 minutes

then got through to the solicitor handling my case .. they mentioned that my file was in some room they coudlnt get to .. apparently it doubles as a meeting room .. then they went on hold .. come back to mew 3-4 minutes later with my file and said I had not sent back sdocuments they asked for (ID etC Bank statements) .. being naive I didnt know I had to even send these

Then this is the kicker.. I said look I think im better off spending the £500 more and going to high street solicitor and the phone went quiet and then he/she agreed with me and said yes .. I didnt say this but go to a high street one !!!! tahst someone who even works for them

Im in the process of doing that today as I dont wanna lose my house . I have send 4 emails to them today saying I wish to disintsruct them

I also called the legal complaints department and they are sending me a form to fill in. They said they had contact from WH last week saying they are having I.T problems .. HAH!!!! so that stops all phones working ?

I so wish I had googled them I just hope I can get my £300 back ..

AVOID!!!!!
  • Seems that these people have gone to the wall. I have been waiting for replies to e-mails telephone calls and then got an e-mail with the contents as follows;

Mr Hawdon,

I’m sorry to inform you that we have just had a staff meeting and have been told we are being made redundant by this Friday. Your file is being transferred to our Head Office in Cheshire this Wednesday who will assign you a new fee earner.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Any queries please email or call me after 2.00 p.m.

I have called and waited in lines for over an hour. I got sick of waiting and getting messed about by them, i spoke with the SRA and they are aware of this company and advised to find another Solicitor and then ledge a complaint against them.

good luck to all
  • adam123456 wrote: »
    no wolstenholmes have not gone into liquidation - they have experienced technical difficulties with the telephones lines and computers

do you work for them adam123456????

Cos they have not been answering their fones for weeks, its not tech difficulty is fraud !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    MAJOR PROBLEMS BEWARE!!!!!!!!

I have (foolish as I did not check MSE) instructed these b*******s for my conveyancing

They were entirely inept
    Today I tried contacting many different people/depts - no luck
    Think they've closed

Then rang Solicitors Regulation Authority, who confirm they have received many similar complaints since Fri 11 Dec 2009, but won't tell me (the innocent consumer) what's afoot

I suspect there's major problems here

Don't touch with a bargepole!!!

Also SRA is mostly about protecting fellow b******d lawyers!!
  • Does anyone know if they are still trading today?
  • Hi

I've received a similar email from my "solicitor" saying that their Birmingham office is closing down by this Friday....tried to call various number, no luck!

Can anyone help us to get our money back, we paid with a credit card :((((
  • JelenaS82 wrote: »
    Hi

I've received a similar email from my "solicitor" saying that their Birmingham office is closing down by this Friday....tried to call various number, no luck!

Can anyone help us to get our money back, we paid with a credit card :((((
    I would think you could claim it through your credit card company as a fraudulent transaction given they have taken the money but not given you the service.
  • Wolstenholmes Solicitors LLP is not closing down but rather closes for the Christmas break on Friday. All completions for clients will be honoured in the ordinary course of business. It is potentially defamatory to suggest that clients will not be refunded when they have been promised a refund of any monies they have paid. Rumour counter rumour and speculation are grossly unfair and detract from the many many happy clients of the Practice. It is also noteworthy that a large proportion of conveyancing clients are more than happy with the service offered.

Yours

A balanced view
  • sueanne21
    sueanne21 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 15 December 2009 at 4:45PM
    SRA ....Ive just got off the phone to these people, they state they are aware of the problem with Wolstenholmes and as SRA are aware they are still trading but ....wait for it....JUST HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THEIR INTERNET AND PHONE SERVICES!!!!!!!
    MY !!!!!!!!! What for 4 bloody weeks !!!!!!!

Hurry up and do something so other people dont get caught and loose money.

RING
    0870 606 2555 OR +44 (0)1527 504450 AND COMPLAIN LIKE MAD ABOUT THEM, MAYBE THEY WILL DO SOMETHING URGENTLY
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure