PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Lodger wanting to cook

Comments

• FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,595 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    ajak81 wrote: »
    Just please don't get two cats that are living together as a couple and if you do just please make sure they've not got any alcohol dependency issues.

Kitty Crack (otherwise known as Cat Nip) is locked away, and current mog has had the talk about drugs, alcohol, and rock'n'roll :)

Sex is not an issue as she had "the op" long before moving in and sleeping on my bed.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Armorica wrote: »
    Just because it's usually a man, it doesn't mean it can't be a woman who is the abuse.

And abuse by women of their male partners is under-reported because of the stigma. No one is minimising it. (And it can happen in same-gender relationships)

Abuse of women by their male partners is also under reported, as is abuse of men by their male partners and abuse of women by their female partners.

What we do know is that the vast majority of people who are murdered by a partner or an ex are women, and that their murderers are men, and that the OP is making light of a very very serious situation and apparently enjoying his/her role in it.
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,595 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    ... and that the OP is making light of a very very serious situation and apparently enjoying his/her role in it.

Some bullet points for you.
    • I do not condone violence.
    • Domestic abuse or violence is a serious issue.
    • I do not enjoy being in the middle of an argument.
    • An alcohol fueled tiff in isolation does not equate to domestic violence.
    Whilst I do not condone violence (I will involve the police when I think it appropriate), I can understand the circumstances leading up to an incident. Unlike some, I will not jump to conclusions nor pass judgment without as much of the facts that I can reasonably ascertain.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Icarus01
    Icarus01 Posts: 46 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2018 at 12:16PM
    Do you need the extra money? Will you be unable to pay bills if they leave? Or is it friends you're after? Either way, reading through this thread it's bizarre you're putting up with it instead of just finding another person to lodge.
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 July 2018 at 12:24PM
    My brother was a victim of domestic violence by a woman.

I see no reason that we can't talk about domestic abuse as something that happens to both men and women and that all abusers are condemned, whatever their gender.

Edit - just to make it clear that I haven't read the whole thread, but if I was the op and had anyone violent in my home they would be out on their ear as soon as humanly possible.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    seashore22 wrote: »
    I see no reason that we can't talk about domestic abuse as something that happens to both men and women and that all abusers are condemned, whatever their gender.

Why would we be talking about that on this thread though where the victim is a woman and the perpetrator is a man?
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    FreeBear wrote: »
    Some bullet points for you.
    • I do not condone violence.
    • Domestic abuse or violence is a serious issue.
    • I do not enjoy being in the middle of an argument.
    • An alcohol fueled tiff in isolation does not equate to domestic violence.
    Whilst I do not condone violence (I will involve the police when I think it appropriate), I can understand the circumstances leading up to an incident. Unlike some, I will not jump to conclusions nor pass judgment without as much of the facts that I can reasonably ascertain.

You have had to have the police to your house atleast TWICE according to your posts on this thread. You seem to be in denial about the situation?

If you didn't enjoy being in the middle of an argument then you would have evicted them both after the first incident. I know plenty of people who go out drinking regularly and have NEVER been involved in the police, being drunk is not an excuse for anything.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    On the surface of it it does appear to be more hassle than it's worth but perhaps in helping them the three of them have developed a certain level of understanding or a bond of some type between them

I think that is the concern of many of us although it is entirely Freebear's choice; that goes without saying. I just wish I could evict the neighbour from hell. I would do it 2 years ago.
  • Smodlet
    I saw you reference the "neighbor from hell" in an earlier post and that peaked my curiosity. How bad is your neighbor from hell? I don't think that derails the thread as it's a similar topic or have you got a link to a thread about it?

If you are interested, check out my posts, especially today's.
  • Smodlet
    I will do Smod thanks

I don't remember giving you permission to address me as "Smod".
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback