Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Bit like yonks lol. I noticed it on the text but it didn't concern me
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Biggus_Dickus Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Tafrock wrote: »
    Bit like yonks lol. I noticed it on the text but it didn't concern me
    “yonks” is a word that appears in the opening lines of track 1 on Pink Floyds Dark Side Of The Moon. I think the word was probably/possibly derived from “donkeys years” at some point in the 1960’s.

I’ll do some more research and revert back. :D
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    OK so today I got a series of emails which has provided me enough information to allow my switch to continue

My switch date is now one day later at 25th April (not a problem) guess its caused by the easter holidays

I have been told my direct debit will be for the actual amount of my bill which again isn't a problem. Its what I'm used to with powershop however I did sign up to a fixed direct debit amount. I prefer just paying the bill if I'm honest. Not going to accumulate credit that way

Also I am to be billed on the first week of each month but collection not until around 20th

I'm happy with that.. I also have my customer number

Today I bought my final powerpack with powershop. Easter feast with a discount of 26.8%

Pleased you found the confirmation you were looking for. However little surprised (but would suit me ) that they bill on the actual reading.
    Can I ask are you on a fixed tariff?

Mine is fixed for 12 months and thought the dd would be the same every month.
  • Tafrock
    I am on 1 year fixed dd April 2019 so. Like yourself I was a little suprised but it suits me having no credit or deficit building up

Here's An excerpt from the email they sent me

'We will be sending you a reminder email at the end of every month to request you to provide us with the meter readings. So you will be charged as per your actual usage. The direct debit amount would not be a fixed amount every month. But rest assured you will be receiving a bill well in advance before the direct debit amount is collected.

You will receive an invoice in the first week of May and the direct debit will leave your account around the 20th of May 2019.

When the direct debit is taken out of your account it should reflect ‘Symbio Energy’.

Hope this helps.'
  • Tafrock
    Symbio launched another slightly cheaper tariff today called 12m fixed dd monthly plan april 19

It's only ever so slightly cheaper for me. Standing charge remains at 15.5p per day but unit rate lower at 12.038p per kwh
  • MABLE
    Symbio launched another slightly cheaper tariff today called 12m fixed dd monthly plan april 19

It's only ever so slightly cheaper for me. Standing charge remains at 15.5p per day but unit rate lower at 12.038p per kwh

My present rate is 15.50 standing charge and 13.4 pence a unit. I have worked out I would save about £44.00 for the year. However I think I read on this forum a contributor tried to swap tariffs but was advised they could not do that.

However I will ask them.
  • patnut
    patnut Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MABLE - Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
    Pat
  • MABLE
    patnut wrote: »
    MABLE - Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks,
    Pat

I have sent them an email and will advise their reply when received. Fingers crossed.
  • Benight
    Benight Posts: 418 Forumite
    First Post
    Well if they won't let you transfer tariffs, switch away (as they have no exit fees - ensuring what you switch to also has no exit fees) and then switch back to the new lower tariff :money:

I'm sure they will soon learn...
  • Benight
    Benight Posts: 418 Forumite
    First Post
    MABLE wrote: »
    I have read through their agreement and it states you have to agree to having a SMART meter fitted. I did not think companies could make it obligatory for you to have one.

One month on, and that term is still there, so presumably they think thay can
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback