Symbio Energy feedback

Comments

• Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    They corrected my original bill immediately. That's the one they screwed up by billing for already paid costs.
  • HonestJohn
    HonestJohn Posts: 1,006 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Just signed up for 12 months at the same overall cost as my old Utility Point tariff. They are not on CEC yet though.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
  • Tafrock
    Cec is not very representative of the tariffs out there anymore. I've used a combination of uswitch and energy helpline for over a year in preference to cec
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Tafrock wrote: »
    Cec is not very representative of the tariffs out there anymore. I've used a combination of uswitch and energy helpline for over a year in preference to cec

Yes I use energyhelpline. It's a sad fact that CEC cannot be relied on to be 100% impartial these days (In my opinion - for the benefit of the lawyers!)
  • HonestJohn
    HonestJohn Posts: 1,006 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary

I can't fault Citizens Advice Bureau
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    HonestJohn wrote: »
    Just signed up for 12 months at the same overall cost as my old Utility Point tariff. They are not on CEC yet though.

I raised this with CEC last month.

This is what they said

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The way that energy comparisons work is that we're reliant on suppliers to share the details of their tariffs with us so that we're able to key these into our system for you to select. Frustratingly, some small suppliers aren’t particularly good at doing this.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Over the past year or so, there has been an increase in the number of new smaller providers entering the market and it’s difficult to track this.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Some of these suppliers have shared their tariff details with us and we’re working on adding these to our system, but due to the number of new suppliers this will take some time.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Unfortunately this means that for now, you wouldn’t be able to update your account. I appreciate this can be frustrating and it’s not ideal situation, but we’re working on it and once we have updated our system (providing your supplier has shared its tariff details with us) we will try to get in contact with to let you know.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]However, due to the number of new suppliers and the difficulty in tracking all of them, it may be a good idea for you check your account regularly to see if your supplier and tariff have been added.[/FONT]
    HTH
    Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • Tafrock
    Strange how other comparison sites have no such problems
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Biggus_Dickus Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Strange how other comparison sites have no such problems
    Absolutely!;...Symbio has been the UK’s cheapest leccy supplier since the back end of last year,...(for my location/usage anyway) and anyone relying solely on MSE’s CEC is in danger of being sold down the river, IMO.

The CEC doesn’t show the whole of market despite the grandiose claims on their website which are demonstrably wrong and misleading. :eek:

The very first thing you see on the page 1 of the CEC price comparison tariff list is this,...” Your full market comparison is sorted by saving including MSE cashback by default. “...it’s the paragraph (and yes,...it’s emboldened on the website) just below a reassuring picture of Mr Martin Lewis.

When viewing said tariffs it’s possible to toggle between “MSE Top picks” or “Show Full Market Comparison”,...again, each caption is reinforced by an image of the omnipresent Mr Lewis.

... why Martin?...why oh why? :money:
  • Nobleman
    Nobleman Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    MABLE wrote: »
    The bad news it will not allow you to enter meter reads. Oh well back to the drawing board.

My electricity supply with Symbio started today, registered on their website and had no problem submitting a meter reading.
  • elucidate
    elucidate Posts: 114 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Absolutely!;...Symbio has been the UK’s cheapest leccy supplier since the back end of last year,...(for my location/usage anyway) and anyone relying solely on MSE’s CEC is in danger of being sold down the river, IMO.

The CEC doesn’t show the whole of market despite the grandiose claims on their website which are demonstrably wrong and misleading. :eek:

The very first thing you see on the page 1 of the CEC price comparison tariff list is this,...” Your full market comparison is sorted by saving including MSE cashback by default. “...it’s the paragraph (and yes,...it’s emboldened on the website) just below a reassuring picture of Mr Martin Lewis.

When viewing said tariffs it’s possible to toggle between “MSE Top picks” or “Show Full Market Comparison”,...again, each caption is reinforced by an image of the omnipresent Mr Lewis.

... why Martin?...why oh why? :money:

I suffered the same problem. Ever since I moved away from a fixed tariff at the end of September last year, I've been constantly watching the market using CEC. It's only last month that I discovered Symbio, when I looked around on other comparison sites trying to find a cashback deal for another supplier.

But then, come to think of it, I did get a sweet £100 referral bonus from Bulb, plus Warm Home Discount eligibility, so I suppose it wouldn't have changed my eventual decisions anyway. :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback