PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th September 2009

Comments

• Hi

Can I be added onto the list again:xmastree:

I have completed Monday & Tuesday

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen of Grot and Diming Room of GloomDONE
    Extras

1. Clean out the fridge.. make use of anything almost past its best
    2. Wash the windows
    3. Dust and Deweb

Tickly Tuesday ~ Living Room, Hall and StairsDONE
    Extra
    1. Clean a window or two.
    2. Get yourself a bag or box, go around collecting things that are not in the place they should be, then put them back where they should be, or better still give them to their owners to put away themselves

Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & LandingLevel 1
    Check fire alarms are working

Level 2

Level 3
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing

Extras

1. 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    2. put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    3. Clean windows in these rooms
  • Triker
    Triker Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    pigpen wrote: »

Triker.. when is DD1 starting college? Rods went back today.. :D..

Technically this week but she has short days so she's back at dinner time, GAH, so my me time and head space and very limited at mo.:wall: Hoping that next week is a more fuller timetable *prays with eyes tightly shut*.

Really pleased for you re DS1, great news. x
    DFW Nerd 267. DEBT FREE 11.06.08
    Stick to It by R.B. Stanfield
    It matters not if you try and fail,
    And fail, and try again; But it matters much if you try and fail, And fail to try again.
  • donna73
    donna73 Posts: 540 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wednesday level 1, 2 and 3 done :j
    at this rate maybe next week i'll get on to doing extras?..................better not tell dh that he might get his hopes up ;)
    Word for 2023 …PROACTIVE 🧡 2023 -decluttering campaign 1020/2023 ⭐️⭐️Saving towards paying off car in November…£720/£1500 🚗
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    [STRIKE]1. hoover [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]2. make FIL birthday card[/STRIKE]
    3. prepare a nice chicken and pepper concoction!
    4. maybe do some knitting if any time left
    5. Shower this evening
    Pigpen, meant to say thats good news on your HB, lets hope that the maintenance payments become regular too, and that you manage to get your finances sorted out into something workable!
    x
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Got the back lawn cut and swept up, I'll try to do the front tomorrow.
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Hugs and good luck vibes to those that need them - really sorry about the pain you are going through, I hope that you all turn the corner soon.

DD and I went to Grans funeral in August, DD who is 9 really benefited from it but my Mum is suffering terribly, she can't understand why she misses her Mum so much, she can't get motivated to do anything, Its so very hard to talk to her as normally she is a very cold person so all this emotion is very new to her and seeing her like this is hard for me aswell but there, we soldier on.

MONDAY _ DONE

Now to get on with the rest of the list

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,982 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    DD and I went to Grans funeral in August, DD who is 9 really benefited from it but my Mum is suffering terribly, she can't understand why she misses her Mum so much, she can't get motivated to do anything, Its so very hard to talk to her as normally she is a very cold person so all this emotion is very new to her and seeing her like this is hard for me aswell but there, we soldier on.

Helen x

It has been almost 5 years since my gran died and my mother has only been more herself the last year or so. She is not an emotionally demonstrative person either which is why I think it has taken so long for her to get her head sorted, plus as the 'strong one' of my grans 6 children my mother bore everyone elses offloading yet felt she had noone to offload too.. I caught her crying one time and she said sh felt really alone and they (her siblings) were offloading onher and she felt she had noone but she had lost her mum too. She did spend a huge amount of time with my gran so it left a great yawning hole in her life.. she would think Oh, I'll just pop to grans for whatever reason then remember she couldn't and it would hit her all over again.

You can't make her feel better she needs to heal and find her own way through her grief and as hard as it is to see her like this just keep encouraging her to talk and be there when you are needed.

big hugs for you though it is very hard seeing the one person in your life you thought was emotionaly untouchable falling to pieces..

I am glad you and DD found some comfort and closure from the funeral
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Hi everyone,

Just a quick catch up..

LL...huge hugs for you. So sorry its not better news. Completely agree with GnB...you are a very brave lady indeed.

GnB...hugs for you too hun...really sorry to hear your news about your dad. Sending lots of respond well to treatment vibes for him.

Orkney...you did a great job on the cardy.

Tea's on and DH will be home any minute. I've done some flying in the bedroom so I'll do a quick list update...when I find it! Back in a min.
  • Found it!

Star for Tuesday please Toots!!!! Thanks.

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen of Grot and Diming Room of Gloom
    Level Two
    Wipe the big appliances and units.. don't forget kickboards!
    Wipe small appliances and replace.. do one thoroughly.. descale or decrumb or degunge!
    Clear a sticky dishevelled cupboard
    Level Three
    Clean the oven and hob.. :D

Extras
    Tickly Tuesday ~ Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    DONE:D

Extra
    1. Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.
    2. Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level 1
    Remove and wash bed linen.
    Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs.. (make sure to do the bed base.. mine was gross last week!)
    Vacuum and turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen

Extras

1. put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    2. Clean windows in these rooms
    Probably be back on Friday as I'm working with SIL tomorrow.

Sx
  • Week 28!

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One - done :j
    [STRIKE]Declutter and mop/vacuum the floors
    Find and wipe the worksurfaces
    [/STRIKE]
    Level Two
    [STRIKE]Wipe the big appliances and units.. don't forget kickboards!
    Wipe small appliances and replace.. do one thoroughly.. descale or decrumb or degunge!
    [/STRIKE]
    Clear a sticky dishevelled cupboard
    Level Three
    [STRIKE]Wipe the table and replace the cloth if necessary.
    [/STRIKE]
    HHI
    [STRIKE]Clean the oven and hob.. :D[/STRIKE]

Extras
    2. Wash the windows
    3. Binbag dance
    4. Dust and Deweb
    Tickly Tuesday ~ Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level 1 - done :j
    [STRIKE]Vacuum floors and sofas
    [/STRIKE]
    Level 2- done :j
    [STRIKE]Dusting, even if around everything
    Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    [/STRIKE]

Level 3
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    [STRIKE]Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    Tidy shoes, coats and bags .. wash any that need washing in preparation for cold weather!! See if there are any that don't fit, past their best or just plain uncomfy which could leave the house![/STRIKE]

Extras
    1. Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.
    2. Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    3. Clean a window or two.
    4. Get yourself a bag or box, go around collecting things that are not in the place they should be, then put them back where they should be, or better still give them to their owners to put away themselves
    Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level 1
    Arrange for gas fires/boilers to be serviced and/or chimneys to be swept BEFORE you need to use them!
    [STRIKE]Remove and wash bed linen.
    [/STRIKE]
    Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs.. (make sure to do the bed base.. mine was gross last week!)
    [STRIKE]Vacuum and turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen
    [/STRIKE]
    15 minutes floordrobe clearance
    Level 3 - done :j
    [STRIKE]Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort one area of clothes or linen storage making sure only what should be in there is, anything that's had it's day or doesn't belong there is removed
    [/STRIKE]
    Extras
    1. 27 fling boogie time, time for that midweek fling, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    2. put away those summer clothes from someones cupboard and get out the winter woollies.. don’t store anything that is past its best! Make a list of things you need to buy!!
    3. Clean windows in these rooms
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family