Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Options

Comments

• broken_spirit
    Options
    scarlet55 wrote: »
    il call you b.s from now on ....no jo &tom dont have any little ones yet...they cant afford any, they bought a house 2 years ago and its a right bloody money pit....yeah do that credit report 2morrow, il be very surprised if it doesnt show up that creditor uv forgot......think im going bed now its been a very long day....the bloody cat woke me up at 5-20 this morning............little sh.t....talk 2morrow bs....and thanx for letting me bend your ear...night night xx :wave::wave:

Nite scarlet, sleep well xxx
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • scarlet55
    scarlet55 Posts: 21,780 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    morning every-one...just a quick update.....iv just recieved confirmation of my dro....i also had a letter from my dro adviser with a copy of the letter she has sent to the OR asking him to ammend the mistake she made...she has asked him to write to me with his decision and also send a copy to her....so watch this space...:)
  • broken_spirit
    Options
    morning every-one...just a quick update.....iv just recieved confirmation of my dro....i also had a letter from my dro adviser with a copy of the letter she has sent to the OR asking him to ammend the mistake she made...she has asked him to write to me with his decision and also send a copy to her....so watch this space...:)

Morning all :). That's good news scarlet, at least you've not been left dangling all weekend. I've signed up 2 the 30 day experian trial, but the debt I'm unsure about doesn't even appear on my creditor list..............does that mean it doesn't exist? :cool: :think: :cool: Also what parts of the credit report do I need 2 print off? Do I need the part which shows my credit score?:o Do you expand the part which lists each individual creditor? Even the settled accounts? OMG!!! If that's the case I'm gonna need reems of paper :eek:
    I am a Leo...& as such I will defend my "pride" ferociously....you have been warned!
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    morning b.s yep u are gonna need loads of paper lol, i printed off 10 sheets....yeah expand it so it shows all of ur creditors and amount owed, plus any that are settled....perhaps the one you cant remember is statute barred...is the debt over 6 years old....tho im sure iv read some where that it will still need to be included....maybe thats for if you go bankrupt, i cant remember....some-one will tell you....gud luck with all that printing lol...:sad:
  • broken_spirit
    broken_spirit Posts: 743 Forumite
    edited 9 April 2011 at 12:02PM
    Options
    morning b.s yep u are gonna need loads of paper lol, i printed off 10 sheets....yeah expand it so it shows all of ur creditors and amount owed, plus any that are settled....perhaps the one you cant remember is statute barred...is the debt over 6 years old....tho im sure iv read some where that it will still need to be included....maybe thats for if you go bankrupt, i cant remember....some-one will tell you....gud luck with all that printing lol...:sad:

Thx. I haven't a clue how old the debt is, but it must be at least 10yrs old. I rang the DCA who are acting on behalf of Barclays, well I haven't had anything to do with them (Barclays) 4 at least 10yrs & they can't tell me what the debt was 4 & when it was originally taken out. As I've been paying them on my DMP, I don't think it can be statute barred as I've acknowledge (apparently) the debt by making payments, even though I haven't a clue what I've been paying 4! The only debt I remember with Barclays is my credit card(which I have been making payments on) But it will be going on my DRO claim anyway. I'm at a loss with this one 2 be honest, the balance of this debt is for approx £500, so if it is 10yrs old, it must have been quite a considerable ammount at the time it was taken out...................but I've never had a large cash loan from anybody!
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    it can still be statute barred even if you aknowledged it...but at least you know who its from now and can include it in your dro..you do sound like your in a right tizzy...deep breaths !!!!!!! take time out for a while...go sit in the garden with a cuppaxxx:smileyhea:smileyhea
  • broken_spirit
    Options
    it can still be statute barred even if you aknowledged it...but at least you know who its from now and can include it in your dro..you do sound like your in a right tizzy...deep breaths !!!!!!! take time out for a while...go sit in the garden with a cuppaxxx:smileyhea:smileyhea

Think I will, I'm not feeling very well 2day (I keep getting tonsillitis) _pale_ _pale_ _pale_ So I must admit that I'm stressing probably more than usual. I don't understand the "statute barred" law, so I don't know if that would apply or not. I always thought it meant a debt which hadn't been chased/acknowledge within the 6 yrs. I maybe totally wrong...............most likely actually!!!! In fact the majority of my debts are over 6yrs old (from when I was working) But you're absolutely right, I'm now know where it originates from, even though I don't have the original account number (I hope that won't be an issue with my DRO) & it will be included in my DRO. Not sure about going in the garden, think I may take 2 my bed 4 an hour xxx:undecided :undecided :undecided
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    yeah good idea, go lie down for an hour...tom has just come and jo's on her way from work so i better feed tham lol talk later xxx
  • broken_spirit
    Options
    yeah good idea, go lie down for an hour...tom has just come and jo's on her way from work so i better feed tham lol talk later xxx

Will do. Enjoy your afternoon xxx:)
  • scarlet55
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Think I will, I'm not feeling very well 2day (I keep getting tonsillitis) _pale_ _pale_ _pale_ So I must admit that I'm stressing probably more than usual. I don't understand the "statute barred" law, so I don't know if that would apply or not. I always thought it meant a debt which hadn't been chased/acknowledge within the 6 yrs. I maybe totally wrong...............most likely actually!!!! In fact the majority of my debts are over 6yrs old (from when I was working) But you're absolutely right, I'm now know where it originates from, even though I don't have the original account number (I hope that won't be an issue with my DRO) & it will be included in my DRO. Not sure about going in the garden, think I may take 2 my bed 4 an hour xxx:undecided :undecided :undecided
    i think maybe you are right concerning statute barred...i thought you meant that you hadnt heard from them in 6 years...i cant understand tho why they are taking money off you if they have no knowledge of the debt...weird.......when you phone them again b4 ur dro is submitted ask them if they have a reference no.....i didnt have my original account number either but they gave me a reference number, which was just as good..my adviser put that on the form....hope ur feeling a bit better. xxx :):):)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback