ESA50 form

Hi there :)
Can anyone help with a little query I have regarding the ESA50 form?
I was sent a form to explain my circumstances, which is due in by Monday 18th June.
I have a family member in hospital and also a friends husband passing away, so my life has been bit topsy turvy for past couple of weeks.
I managed to get the form completed on Thursday, sent it by recorded delivery, ensuring I was there before 5pm, as I believe you then get in before last posting time that day.
I had photocopied the form, and thats when I realised that a separate piece of paper, containing additional information to two answers, which should have been included in with the form,I had inadvertently been left in between the other photocopied sheets!! :wall::wall:
I have tracked my letter, and have seen confirmation on Royal Mail website, that it was signed for and indeed arrived yesterday (15th) :shocked: :sad: :embarasse

Will my mistake in forgetting to enclose the page with additional information for two questions go against me??

Comments

• Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'd give the ESA line a ring, explain and seek to follow up and send in those additional sheets.

You could always take them to your assessment and ask that they are forwarded to the DWP decision maker with the assessment report. However, ATOS (aka IAS) may be reluctant to do this.
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sending medical evidence after you've sent your form
    It is never too late to send medical evidence - you must send the ESA50 form itself back within 28 days, but you can send evidence any time afterwards. Remember to send it to the Health Assessment Advisory Service, not to Jobcentre Plus. You can get the address of your local Health Assessment Advisory Service by calling 0800 288 8777 for free or you can find the address on their website.
    Write a covering letter
    Its important to write a covering letter if you send medical evidence after you have sent back your ESA50 form.
    You should include:
    your name
    your National Insurance number
    a note to say that the evidence supports your ESA claim - include the date you sent your ESA50 form
    (From CAB website)

I would also add that it is sensible to write your full name and NI number on each separate piece of paper in case they get separated.
  • tomkitten68
    tomkitten68 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Hi there :)
    Havn't got own computer so have to access library one - realised earlier today I hadn't acknowledged both replies back to my post.

Apologies for this and thank you for your feedback :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure