Flow Energy - Troubled last payment

grhm
grhm Posts: 32 Forumite
I took a dual energy deal with Flow Energy last year through the MSE Cheap Energy Club. I switched to a cheaper deal at the end of the fixed price period and received a final invoice from Flow that they said would be taken via Direct Debit within 14 days. Thought no more about it but it transpires that they did not take the payment and have just been chased by Allied International Credit for the outstanding amount. I'll pay it without issue and hopefully it won't affect my credit rating (not that I intend getting any sort of credit in the future) but be warned that Flow Energy obviously aren't to be trusted. I'll never be using them again despite them now offering a better deal than the one I'm currently on. Will now try to find the rating system to mark them down.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    grhm wrote: »
    I took a dual energy deal with Flow Energy last year through the MSE Cheap Energy Club. I switched to a cheaper deal at the end of the fixed price period and received a final invoice from Flow that they said would be taken via Direct Debit within 14 days. Thought no more about it but it transpires that they did not take the payment and have just been chased by Allied International Credit for the outstanding amount. I'll pay it without issue and hopefully it won't affect my credit rating (not that I intend getting any sort of credit in the future) but be warned that Flow Energy obviously aren't to be trusted. I'll never be using them again despite them now offering a better deal than the one I'm currently on. Will now try to find the rating system to mark them down.

If I was you, I would raise a written complaint against the Supplier. In my view, suppliers are too quick these days to pass on accounts to debt collection agencies without doing the most basic of system checks. You have a right to know that your credit rating will not be affected, and I would also expect some modest compensation from the supplier for for poor customer service.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I has one from Flow Debt Management team .
    Just emailed a complaint telling them they where in breach not me .Final bill from Flow said leave DD in place for 14 days i did just that .They took the DD this month after an apology .
  • Have had the exact same experience as the original post.
  • Careful_ly
    Careful_ly Posts: 622 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for posting this.
    The same thing has happened to me, final bill says direct debit will be taken within 14 days. It wasn't, so I ring them after seeing this thread.
    Your direct debit has been cancelled, no it hasn't and shows on my internet banking. They then say it needs to be dealt with by debt management.
    I was able to log into my Flow account and make payment using a debit card. Missed out on my Santander cashback, but just want it cleared.

I had been happy with Flow, but leaving customers need to be aware.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure