Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Hengus wrote: »
    The gaining supplier will normally ask for meter readings 5 days before the planned date for the transfer of supply. All meter readings go to a third-party for verification. Once verified, they are used to open and close accounts. If a meter reading hasn’t been provided, then the Data Collectors will produce an estimated figure based on past usage.

PS. I worry when people do not do their own cost calculations based on kWHs/year. Letting the supplier come up with an estimated cost carries a lot of uncertainty.

I don't think I was ever asked to provide readings 5 days before the switch date - i just took a read from each meter (gas & electric) on the final day before switchover.
  • Cheap Energy Club has alerted me that I could save £45 a year with this company, by switching from OneSelect. £4 per month quoted. Having clicked through to the website, and chosen Low User, they give me a quote that is £5 more expensive. They say this includes the monthly membership fee. The blurb on the Cheap Energy Club says this is a replacement for a standing charge; this tariff has '0' set as the standing charge.

I conclude that Cheap Energy Club has alerted me to a deal that in fact would not be better for me by disregarding the fact that they have brought in a membership fee in place of a standing charge.
  • Correction to the above - there's an 'Actual' button as well as Low User etc. and when I entered my rounded-off annual usage figures it gave me a lower quote than what I'm currently paying. So I've gone for it. LOL, it pays to look at the options properly.
  • andyca
    andyca Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 January 2018 at 12:51PM
    Just got off the phone with them as I wanted to check their unit rates and they seemed to be getting their sums wrong...
    They said it was an £8.99 a month membership fee and a unit charge of 9.9260/kWh of Electric and 3.2361/kWh Gas.
    Based on my exact usage (2068 Electric, 12039 Gas) they they calculated a yearly figure of £678.74.
    I put the same numbers into a spreadsheet and it came out to £702.74.

It's only a £24 difference but the agent couldn't tell me where the issue was.
    We tried going through the numbers and where I had calculated my Electric as 2068 x 9.9260 as £205.27 his screen said it was £346.10!

At this point it was clear the numbers he was looking at were a bit meaningless. I realized after getting off the phone he was probably putting me in the incorrect Membership bracket as I use less than 2400kWh of electricity I should be a low user £6.99 per month which explains the £24 difference over the year, but I still have no idea where the £346.10 estimate for electricity came from :)

Now I've got most of that straightened out and I've confirmed the unit rates I've signed up.
    I'll check their sums on the next lot of communications and post back with updates :)

Edit1: They've sent me a nice clear PDF confirming £6.99PCM membership, E 9.93p/kWh, G 3.24p/kWh. (I guess they are rounding up:)) and an install date of 3 weeks today.
    There are a few typos and grammatical errors in the communications such as "Your 14-day cooling begins from the point you complete you switching application."
    So... When is that exactly? :rotfl:
    But it's OK so far!
    Edit2: Switchover instruction went through smoothly, existing supplier confirmed the switch. 2 weeks to go.
    Edit3: Just checked the BigSwitchEvent9 and OFTM is still £128 cheaper for me. (£103 including the cashback)
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Has anyone that has actually switched to Outfox the Market got some feedback on how it went and what the billing is like?

The reviews so far seem to be fairly positive.

The older relative, that we help, has an electric contract that is due to end soon and Outfox the Market appears to be the best deal, at the moment, for their low usage.

From checking through on their quote page, they also now have a fixed unit price contract that is slightly more than the variable unit price. So we are considering that.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Has anyone that has actually switched to Outfox the Market got some feedback on how it went and what the billing is like?

The reviews so far seem to be fairly positive.

The older relative, that we help, has an electric contract that is due to end soon and Outfox the Market appears to be the best deal, at the moment, for their low usage.

From checking through on their quote page, they also now have a fixed unit price contract that is slightly more than the variable unit price. So we are considering that.

I would wait a week and see what the MSE Collective switch has to offer.
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 January 2018 at 10:55PM
    I'm presuming that Fischer Energy must be the sister company of outfox https://www.fischerenergy.co.uk/ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUZxQDP3wZ8 )
    The main difference seems to be that with Fischer the fox does not wear a hero's cape.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It would appear OutfoxTheMarket have now set up a sister site for customers on E7
    https://www.economyseven.co.uk/
    Economy Seven Energy - the licensee is Foxglove Energy Supply Limited

Not looking very competitive for me, but may suit a higher user with a relatively high proportion of low rate usage.
    (may vary by supply region)
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    boliston wrote: »
    I'm presuming that Fischer Energy must be the sister company of outfox https://www.fischerenergy.co.uk/ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUZxQDP3wZ8 )
    The main difference seems to be that with Fischer the fox does not wear a hero's cape.

Yes another name for the same supplier (but a different tariff)
    Fischer Energy, trading name of Foxglove Energy Supply Ltd
  • Does anyone know if OutFox The Market run a credit check when switching to them?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback