Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• browner448
    Options
    Brimble wrote: »
    Please do update us about the LR. Sounds like you've got a great deal! I'm still not sure what would happen if they significantly increased the LR, as you'd effectively be tied into it because of your BB needing it, but that's an extremely unlikely scenario.

I'll be within 31 days of my contract end in a week's time, so I'll be looking to get something similar to you...

That's my only concern I need the line rental for BB so in effect I am tied to sky for LR so I do have my doubts as to whether I will get any discount but if you don't ask you don't get
  • Pauleb80
    Pauleb80 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did the dance yesterday via live chat as my current offer of 60% off ends next month. Best offer they'd give me was 40% off with a £10 admin fee, I said I wanted 60% again but they said no. Went ahead with cancellation and they've already sent me a 50% offer (no admin fee). I'm holding out for 60% again. If not it's back to Now TV which is pretty good and a hell of a lot cheaper (so long as I sacrifice sports).
  • cycloneuk
    cycloneuk Posts: 363 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm nearly 3 weeks into my cancellation and the best live chat will do is 50% off, tried to get 60% and a bill credit but been told 50% is the max they can do now.

Have to see if I get a call or see if they offer anything better after cut off.
  • alsa1
    alsa1 Posts: 83 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just cancelled our TV package, just feeling its a total rip off these days. We're on Variety £34, then £12 for multiroom and £10 for HD. Have got 50% off in My Sky so far but that only applies to the TV pack, so not impressed overall.

Do I need to ring back in a week or so to get some more? I'd want 60% if discount just includes TV
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    alsa1 wrote: »
    I've just cancelled our TV package, just feeling its a total rip off these days. We're on Variety £34, then £12 for multiroom and £10 for HD. Have got 50% off in My Sky so far but that only applies to the TV pack, so not impressed overall.

Do I need to ring back in a week or so to get some more? I'd want 60% if discount just includes TV

It's only £35.25 full price for Boxsets which includes 'basic HD' (whatever that means), do you get something extra paying £10 for HD?
  • alsa1
    alsa1 Posts: 83 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's only £35.25 full price for Boxsets which includes 'basic HD' (whatever that means), do you get something extra paying £10 for HD?

I've no idea, from what I've read there's an extra £10 on top of Variety for the HD channels? So £34 if I have it without HD, and from reading their T&Cs for the 50% off TV in My Sky it says it doesn't include multiroom or HD? I think I need to double check this all!
  • Wawaw_2
    Options
    Hi,

Just thought I'd share my experience.

1) Phoned up to cacncel and offered 10% discount so I gave notice.
    2) Received a call a couple of days later offering 40%.
    3) 50% off offer (excluding hd on sport) in my sky after a couple of days
    4) Sky switched off today. I used online chat and got 50% of everything for 1 year plus £25 credit. I can give 31 days notice at any time. I asked for 60% but it wasn't on my account so I accepted the offer.
  • Brimble
    Brimble Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wawaw wrote: »
    4) Sky switched off today. I used online chat and got 50% of everything for 1 year plus £25 credit...
    Just to be clear, what do you mean by 'everything'? I assume all your TV-related charges - not line rental or broadband?
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,174 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I rang today and said I was thinking of switching to the TalkTalk package as mentioned in MSE newsletter, I had the basic Sky package, line rental with free evening and weekend calls and standard broadband for £56, and Mr M has been buying day or weekly tickets for SkySports through Now TV on his laptop. He had spent about £50 on them in the month of the Rugby World Cup, and v. peeved when he couldn't pause or rewind. We didn't talk percentages, but I'm happy with my new deal - same bundle as before but with SkySport added and PAYG calls (I only made 5 calls last month, usually use free minutes on our mobiles) for £51. Mr. M happy to get SKySport for £20, I'm happy cos he's going to pay!
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • nicmh7
    nicmh7 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Following the chop and change with the Sports channels, I messaged them via Live Chat to see when my contract was up. Turns out I was already out of contract. Phoned the cancellations team and got a great deal!

My previous TV discount expired in March so for Original bundle + Sports, b/band (free) and line rental £18.99, I was back up to £69 a month. Not gonna happen. Was nice to the customer service rep, just said its a huge amount of money and they'd lost half of the Prem League games etc etc. She said the best she could do was £43.99 a month for 12 months (I thought that was the 'new' price for my TV package -currently £50 a month) but that was for the whole thing! I asked if it was cheaper to opt of some sports ones and she said not really as they could offer me 50% off full sports package and 2 sports channels (would be £24 a month anyway).

This is the 3rd year running I've been able to haggle and get a good deal. I think the key is be nice, sound like you will actually cancel and just chat to them (although I did get one guy once who was miserable and I knew there was no discount coming my way so I just called back another day). I was on the phone for a while today but for saving £25 a month, it was worth it! :j

Good luck!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure