PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

A Simpler Life 2018

Comments

• Kitchen cupboards, drawers & fridge/freezer all sorted - now I have to find the next project :eek: :D. Plenty to choose from, but I won’t stress about it :D

A Simpler Life is only ten tonnes of clutter away :rotfl::rotfl:

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Primrose wrote: »
    I'm another one who would recommend researching U3A (university of the Third Age ) for any key who is retired. It,s not a u iversity as such, more a common interest organisation for retired people to bring them together to share comm8n interests. Googling U3A will lead to a link of local branches. Ours has nearly 30 different interest groups and many single people have found it an invaluable way of widening their social horizons as well as having a chance to learn new things.

I belong to my local East Medway branch and could be out and about 7 days a week if I had the time, its great, and a good way to meet up with other people. So many different groups and interests available and for me the £15.00 per year is well worth the money in subs.
  • Yippee - I found my next project - The ‘Wall Unit of Doom’ - shredded a 6” stack of 10-15 year old personal paperwork and condensed five cubby holes into four :T with a few items including a Linguaphone (English/Italian from 20+ years ago & ashamed to say I never learned :o) put in the cs bag for delivery next week.
    I should say that this is the third time that the wall unit is a project :eek: but each time I manage to get rid of more ‘stuff’ :D

To a Simpler & Clutter Free Life

MrsSD

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • The mountain of crates & boxes in my house has been reduced by about 40% :T:j:T The crates & boxes have been restacked so now have way more floor space :T. DSis has purchased all the storage that can fit in her room - all her clothes are now unpacked, as is her bedding & she has started opening her boxes of ornaments.
    Quite a bit of stuff has been donated to the cs & there will probably be quite a bit more.

My DH has been decluttering his office & I have continued with keeping the kitchen & living room clutter free & tidy, keeping up with the laundry & finding donations for the cs.
    I now have access to the whole Wall Unit of Doom, so will gradually sort through that again.

I am waiting for a collection date from the cs as I now have the following for collection which will create oodles of space :rotfl:

An extra long single bed, mattress & headboard, a free standing single pine wardrobe, pine bedside cabinet, orthopaedic chair, 4 garden chairs, 4 large terracotta plant pots & 2 Carlton Rigid Suitcases. Once they have been collected we will have space in the spare room, the loft, DH’s office & a less cluttered garden :T:rotfl:

My Simpler Life is gradually coming into view :rotfl:

MrsSD

• Additionally: 5th terracotta pot & 2 bags of children’s books. Will arrange for collection when we get back from our motor biking holiday :T:D

Might get my first ever spa visit :rotfl:

See you in a fortnight :D

MrsSD

• bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Have a fab break Mrs SD

Bexster :)
  • Molillie
    Molillie Posts: 134 Forumite
    First proper day back at home, and I've had to spend the morning decluttering my email box, as the provider closes tomorrow. I had already started this, but always got bored or distracted, so the compulsion is all to the good. I'm forwarding stuff to keep to a different email account, but the one I'll be losing is of several years standing, and I realise that I've kept things from people who have since passed away, etc. which I shall now be deleting. I'm also using it as a chance to unsubscribe from many things. It will be great to have something under control.
  • Hiya
    Now at my DB’s house in Germany. Our motorbiking holiday is almost over but it has been the Simple Life we crave :D - other people doing the cooking & washing up :rotfl: other people making the beds :D & of course seeing new places & drinking wayyyyy too much :o

See you all next month

MrsSD

• Hope you enjoy the rest of your holibobs msd! :D

I've been out of the loop for a while- so much has been going on in rl that I've had no time to get on the boards! :o

Anyhoo, to cut a long story short, I'm going to be decluttering like I'm moving house over the next couple of weeks - I'm not moving but I am having a major refurb so it all has to go! I'll be reusing almost nothing as the furniture and flooring in all the rooms- other than the living room and bathroom - was all bought for the cheapest price possible somewhere between 10 and 20 years ago! :eek: it's done me well but has gone well beyond the use by date!! :rotfl: the kitchen needs redecoration but the wiring and cupboards are okay for now; the living room will need a redo decor wise as the rewiring includes that room.

I've started the clear out already - 15 bags of books and a coffee table donated; dd has cleared out a lot of her stuff: I've got a taker for the chair and probably the bookcases and I may be able to re-use a wardrobe and chest of drawers if they survive the move upstairs ;)

However, there's still a long way to go and I'm going to make a list and spend an hour a day doing something towards it....

I'll let you know how I get on ;):D
  • Molillie
    Molillie Posts: 134 Forumite
    how are you getting on, Squirrelgirl? It will be so great when it's all done! Thinking that you'll move seems a good way to really assess what you can't do without. (also, pretending that you are emigrating, and can only ship out stuff at huge expense)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure