Together Energy?

Comments

• mikeyorkie10
    mikeyorkie10 Posts: 195
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Has anybody out there heard anything recently from Together? Submitted May's readings as requested... since then nowt! Tried numerous emails - no response! Are they still operating????
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Try ringing rather than writing if you need to sort something.

• mikeyorkie10
    Forumite
    Quentin wrote: »
    Try ringing rather than writing if you need to sort something.

Reason I use emails is so that I have an audit trail of communications, just in case I need to refer to it and not depend on unrecorded telephone calls... however just heard back and told that the latest bills will be generated 'over the next week'. Lets see....
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    You posted that your numerous emails had been ignored

The phone number was just a suggestion to resolve your question you posted

Your question was were they still operating??
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 16 June 2018 at 7:19AM
    I thought Scottish Power were bad but this mob are just awful. When you start a new company, it is important to get things right from the start and not take on too many customers until everything is running smoothly. There are serious problems with billing. No bill for six months then monthly bills for three months, now nothing for May. Incorrect consumption forecasts on one of the bills. An estimated opening reading even though I sent a photo on the meter reading. Just avoid this mob.

Browse through the TrustPilot reviews, ignoring the 5-star reviews, all of which seem to name an employee (which seems odd to me), and look at the plethora of one-star reviews which catalogue the various problems over billing in particular.
    Je suis sabot...
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174
    Forumite
    That's shocking on Trustpilot - clearly something dodgy going on there!

My complaint to the Ombudsman - they have offered to correct the overcharge on my opening reading and give me £30 compensation. I have rejected the offer. Its now nearly 2 months since they acknowledged having overcharged me, and it still hasn't been corrected!

Fortunately my contract is coming to an end and my switch away is underway! The impact of this experience is that I've placed more emphasis on customer service ratings and for the first time have chosen a deal considerably more than the cheapest offering! Cowboys like TogetherEnergy are damaging for all new entrants into the market!
  • mikeyorkie10
    Forumite
    Couldn't agree more - you started me looking as to when I could give notice and leave - what a confusing picture! I switched to them on 18/9/17 on tariff Fixed Aug18v2 with an 'Ends on/Guaranteed date' of 17/9/18. My first bill in Oct 17 shows this date to be 27/8/18, By my Dec 17 bill (last on the old system) it was 6/9/18? All the bills on their current system have reverted to a date of 17/9/18.
    I did ask them back in May about leaving and their reply was : "In regards to your tariff end date this is the 26th of August 2018 and industry standard is you can leave in the last 49 days contract without incurring exit fees which would be the 8th of July. "

Does this make any sence? The 8th July is indeed 49 days before the tariff end date but I won't have been with them for 12 months? What is the position here - do I have to stay with them for 12 months or can I leave, as they seem to say, at the end of tariff date? On top of everything else I don't want to lose another £60.....

Anyone help on the official position here????
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174
    Forumite
    Does this make any sence? The 8th July is indeed 49 days before the tariff end date but I won't have been with them for 12 months?
    If you're within 49 days of the end of your contract, then they are not allowed to charge you an exit fee. Nothing else matters.

I'm on the Jun 2018 v2 contract which has an end date of 31st July 2018, but my switch is underway.
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Fromply, I am in the same situation. Who did you opt for? I am not going to move to somebody with poor service this time. I am with Better Energy for gas and they have been absolutely fault-free, so it's not a matter of large or small companies for me. In fact, S Power were awful when I was with them,.
    Je suis sabot...
  • locky123
    locky123 Posts: 466
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    My Together Fixed Aug18 v2 ends on 23 Aug and will also be moving away, as they have not fulfilled their promises or service level. However the cheapest ones are all new so it seems to be a lottery to decide if a new supplier can provide a satisfactory billing service. There has to be a better way forward, we were told to switch and I have numerous times, but the latest experience with new suppliers has been poor. So from my point if view it is getting worse. There has to be a way to audit suppliers and accurately score billing systems and service levels.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure