p45 and p60 from the same employer

Hello.
I need some help to put together my P45s and p60s for filling self assessment form.
The problem is that over last tax year i had 3 different employers.
Ive got p45 from first employment - lets said employer A (finish in November)
Then They moved me to second employer B -wehere I finish in january , got p45. but after a while as well i got p60 from the same employer B.
the problem is the amount earn is different on p45 from p60. on p60 amount earned is nearly 900 more, the same tax paid is bigger.
From the third employer C i got p60 from tax year but not included earnings from two previous employers, so i gonna just add them in calculation.
But question is which document i should use from employer B ( p45 or p60) ? on p60 employer A is included but the difference is what I earn in employer B
so should i used p60 from B and p60 from C
or p45 from A + p45 from B + p60 from C
please help.
regards

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    If you finished with emplyer B in January then they shouldn't have issued you with a P60, that is only provided if you were still employed there at the end of the tax year. Have you checked your pay slips to see if the amount on the P45 ties up with them? If they do then use the P45 figure, if not go back to B and ask them to explain what's going on.
  • jamesperrett
    jamesperrett Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Was there any back pay that employer B paid you after they issued the P45? Have you taken a look at the figures that HMRC already have (they will be in your HMRC account) and do they agree with your documents?
  • netmich
    netmich Posts: 5 Forumite
    thank for reply guys.
    i think I get some salary adjustment after p45. anyway i get all my payslips from this employer B. Ive put all sum together and I find thats Total from paysplips is the same what on p60.
    So, if Iam right I should use p60 then from emloyer B instead of p45.. Right?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure