Yorkshire Energy ignored?

2»

Comments

• gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Suppliers have to offer a standard variable tariff as it's an Ofgem rule. They also tweak sign up tariffs for new switchers as energy prices change, but once you're on a fixed tariff that's the standing/unit charge you're paying until the end of the term.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • gadgetmind
    Sosumi wrote: »
    Perhaps it's a regionality pricing issue. Odd, though.

Which is the best company/tariff will depend on where you live (as both standing and per unit costs to supplier are affected by this) and after that your personal gas/electric split will also greatly affect who comes out cheapest.

However, see other threads around here for reasons why you shouldn't always go for the cheapest!
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • manevs
    manevs Posts: 8 Forumite
    So I'm now with Yorkshire Energy on their Ladybird tariff which is undoubtedly cheapest for me and had no issues with the switch.:j:j

But because MSE doesn't recognise Yorkshre Energy I can no longer use the MSE Cheap Energy Club alert emails, for when a cheaper deal becomes available, which was quite a handy feature. Does anyone know of a comparison site that does alert messages and includes ALL or at least more suppliers than MSE? Energylinx certainly includes Yorkshire Energy but doesn't seem to do alert emails.

Thanks
  • gadgetmind
    edited 19 July 2018 at 6:19PM
    Ofgem have just loosened the rules and switching sites now don't have to provide an "All of market" option, so you'll only see suppliers who give the switching site a kick back. As this kick back is a lot of the 1st year profit suppliers make from a customer (£30 per fuel is common!) this means that good deals often won't be on the switching sites.

Citizens Advice have a comparison site that's truly All of Market but I don't know if it does alerts.

Switching sites now just have to show link to Citizens Advice and they can drop all of market, some already have done, and the rest will probably follow suit fairly quickly.

Dunno about MSE - I may start another thread to discuss this.

• Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    It's true that some companies seem to below the radar. I have been with Better Energy (for gas) for a long while now and they are the most trouble free company I have ever been with and they offer good rates.
    Je suis sabot...
  • Found Yorkshire Energy on the MSE's Cheap Energy Club in September 2018. Rang them as instructed by MSE, very helpful sales lady. Changed over 18th October. All seems to be going very well indeed.
  • JEO
    JEO Posts: 6 Forumite
    I’m thinking of switching to YE’s Green Robin dual tariff with Economy 7 from Shell Energy who, I learnt 5 weeks after signing up with them that a) SEs software cannot read our 1st generation smart meter for gas Or electricity,the latter because we are on Economy 7; and b) their app and website site does not show hourly and daily usage graphs (as OVO does, for example.

Can some kind person tell me whether a) Will YE be able to read our existing gas and electric smart meters and b) does their website show account users’ hourly and daily kWh usage?

Any help much appreciated.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    JEO wrote: »

Can some kind person tell me whether a) Will YE be able to read our existing gas and electric smart meters and b) does their website show account users’ hourly and daily kWh usage?

Any help much appreciated.

a) No
    b) No
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills