Why is my partner paying csa

2»

Comments

• Ajh91
    Ajh91 Posts: 7 Forumite
    If she can afford to go on 3 holidays a year and my partner can’t afford to buy them new clothes then yes she is rolling in it.,csa is to help towards things like that so in my opinion he shouldn’t be giving her anything if he is buying all the things they need aswel as csa payments and the amount of time we have them.
    I fully agree with child maintenance don’t get me wrong, but when they take the mick that’s when it starts to get rediculous.
  • Ajh91
    Ajh91 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Oh and the holidays a year are without the children... plus we have them half of every school holiday
  • HoneyNutLoop
    HoneyNutLoop Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If you think the calculation is wrong, get your partner to call the CSA/CMS (as appropriate) to discuss it and make sure they have all the relevant info. Or get him to write in to authorise you as his representative so you can call in to discuss it.

If you know they have all the correct info and the amount is legally correct, and are simply venting at the system, that’s fine. However, for your own sake you’d be best finding a way to make peace with it. It’s not worth letting it knaw at you.

Assuming you are on the 2003 system, based on how long you and your partner have been together, for him to pay £50 a week based on the circumstances you describe, the net income used in the calculation would be around £580 a week. If your household receives working and/or child tax credits and your partner is the greater earner of the two of you, that income will be included in the figure used.

If the above income sounds wrong, then a call to the CSA is worthwhile.
    I often use a tablet to post, so sometimes my posts will have random letters inserted, or entirely the wrong word if autocorrect is trying to wind me up. Hopefully you'll still know what I mean.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,653 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Doesnt he want to contribute to the upkeep of his children ? if not,who should pay it? Is HE objecting or questioning it also?
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    There is the risk that the payments could go up?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure