Single, six kids and going to be debt free!

Comments

• Mumoffourkids
    Mumoffourkids Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Oh and I paid £50 off my target debt! I had forgotten about that even though it's the most important thing!
  • camz2017
    camz2017 Posts: 347 Forumite
    Oh and I paid £50 off my target debt! I had forgotten about that even though it's the most important thing!
    Big congratulations on that one! I'm a busy bee as well, but less chores, more my choice :) Maintaining myself takes a lot of time, no idea how you keep up with 6!

Wish I had a mum like you, my parents just left us to fight and kill ourselves. I did my own laundry and cooked for myself from about the age of 13.
    BC 0/15305.83 MBNA: 0/11231.16 TESCO 0/822.87 LOAN 0/4272.67
  • Mumoffourkids
    Oh my kids have chores to do, even the 2 year old tidies up after himself most of the time.

The payment to my target debt was from extra money that I made selling stuff from round the house. It gets rid of stuff and brings in money! I just need to find more to sell.
  • camz2017
    I have just sold a whole bunch of things, surprising what some people pay. Some things have sold for more than I paid for them!?
  • Hi Mumoffourkids,

Just caught up on your diary, you're doing great.

Pmo2
    xx
  • Mumoffourkids
    Thanks Pmo2.

So I hate the time between payment days. I am waiting on Monday which is when I get the next lot of income. I can't wait as I want to pay off my debts and see the totals coming down.

I think this week I might be able to pay some more on sunday as I still have £30 left in my petrol budget, £40 in my weekly spending budget and £64 left in the food budget. I expect to spend maybe the £14 out of my food budget but the rest I shouldn't have to spend. So do I pay off debt now or on Sunday when I know whether I need to spend them or not?
  • camz2017
    Sunday, play things safe otherwise you might fall short!
  • Mumoffourkids
    I know I should wait but it's so tempting to want to pay off now! I know I won't need any more petrol because I'm not going anywhere in the car at the weekend. Rugby training for small ones tomorrow and match for biggest on Sunday but that's all within walking/cycling distance which all helps with the weight loss!

Weekly spend budget shouldn't change but I might roll that over to next week to pay for gymnastics class fees.

So calculating I will probably pay off at least £50 on Sunday but probably more like £80!

Also got something finishing on eBay on Sunday. It's up to £10.50 already with 9 watchers so am hoping that price will at least double.
  • Smashing it! well done x
    Paid - 7095/26218 - Total
  • Pay a little bit off, Tilly tidy either the debt balance, or the budget pot. It will make you feel like you are doing something, but won't derail you if something crops up.

Good idea to use the money towards the gymnastics, then you can start putting the money aside so it's ready for the next payment when it's due.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure