LIDL callous behaviour

Not much Xmas cheer LIDL. Bought two items for my mum before she passed away just before Xmas. These haven’t been opened or touched. Called 2 ask could I get a credit note for them as can’t find receipts. Offered to provide proof of special circumstances and myself and my mum were good customers. Lidl said not interested. Very poor indeed.

Comments

• Lomast
    Lomast Posts: 848 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    If the items were purchased in store then there is no right to return I'm afraid.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Is that a rant or do you have a question?
  • Diamandis
    Diamandis Posts: 881 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Sorry for your loss but they don't need to accept the items back. I don't know what the items are but could you possibly sell them to get some money back?
  • chocolady
    chocolady Posts: 107 Forumite
    They may not have to but under the circumstances they might be a bit kinder. Blimey you get some nasty so and so’s on here sometimes too.
  • chocolady
    Is that a rant or do you have a question?

Was that a sarcastic nasty comment or did you have a point?
  • chocolady
    John Lewis didn’t have to but used their sensible discretion
  • chocolady
    Diamandis wrote: »
    Sorry for your loss but they don't need to accept the items back. I don't know what the items are but could you possibly sell them to get some money back?

My point was they could have used some reasonable discretion. I haven’t got the energy to sell them for a fiver with what I’ve been through but thanks for at least a constructive point.
  • LABMAN
    LABMAN Posts: 1,659 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    chocolady wrote: »
    My point was they could have used some reasonable discretion. I haven’t got the energy to sell them for a fiver with what I’ve been through but thanks for at least a constructive point.

Gift them to charity in your Mum's memory.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    chocolady wrote: »
    Was that a sarcastic nasty comment or did you have a point?

I thought the point was clear. Is that a rant (nothing wrong with having a rant) or was there a question?

There is a specific forum for rants so if it was a rant you might get wider coverage in that forum.
  • chocolady
    LABMAN wrote: »
    Gift them to charity in your Mum's memory.

Thanks but I’m skint so think she’d have preferred me to get the money back as she didn’t use the items. Being single parent have a lot to pay out for with two funerals in one year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure