Tesco Bank

Comments

• djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have not had any fraudulent activity on my account. Current and available balance the same. Moving money out now.

I wonder if the fraud has only occurred on "inactive" accounts??
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My account isn't inactive - I do use my card when I shop in Tesco (for the extra points) - but haven't shopped there for a few weeks. Last genuine transaction was mid October for me.
  • djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've moved my money out, but now we will need to wait, Tesco are one of the slowest for faster payments...
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    No alerts for any of the three Tesco Current accounts at the Zander house.

Just logged in to two of them and balance and available balance correct for both.

So all well, so far, on some accounts!

Not sure I see the point of people moving money out because of the problem as, whatever the cause, Tesco are obviously aware of it and will correct any loss.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Maybe it's a ploy by Tescobank to get rid of all of us that are just using the account as a savings account :(. Appalling CS - why not put a message on the phones and/or Website so we all didn't waste hours calling
  • Zanderman wrote: »
    No alerts for any of the three Tesco Current accounts at the Zander house.

Just logged in to two of them and balance and available balance correct for both.

So all well, so far, on some accounts!

Not sure I see the point of people moving money out because of the problem as, whatever the cause, Tesco are obviously aware of it and will correct any loss.

I just moved my money out in case there was any significant delay in correcting any possible fraudulent transactions. I'll move it back in as soon as we get the all clear.
  • TheBanker
    TheBanker Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Zanderman wrote: »

The poor service is a reason to move all your money! They could have....
    1) Used their website and social media to tell people what was happening
    2) Changed the message on their phone line to say there is no point waiting and explaining what had happened
    3) Sent a follow up text and email to everyone explaining the situation

Instead they are staying silent and letting people wait on the line for hours.

I pity anyone who's trying to get through to report their card lost or stolen at this time!!
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    inchindown wrote: »
    I just moved my money out in case there was any significant delay in correcting any possible fraudulent transactions. I'll move it back in as soon as we get the all clear.
    Smart move if it's all the money you have in the world. But unnecessary if it's just a small part of your savings portfolio.
  • djpailo wrote: »
    I've moved my money out, but now we will need to wait, Tesco are one of the slowest for faster payments...

My transfer was almost instantaneous. By the time I logged onto the other account, the money had been added to my balance.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    djpailo wrote: »
    I have not had any fraudulent activity on my account. Current and available balance the same. Moving money out now.

I wonder if the fraud has only occurred on "inactive" accounts??

I've had fraudulent activity on one of my accounts. I haven't used either of the debit cards, but the account are definitely not 'inactive'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure