Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    donerkebab wrote: »
    The fact you already have final electricity bill is good news - the counter fact that you not heard anything regarding gas switch would concern me. Let me know what OFTM say - don't think I want to waste my Monday holding in the Iresa q this early (in the morning/my switch :rotfl:)

Got onto the phone and had a better response. Confirmed switch took place for both Electricity and Gas took place 28 Feb. E-mail below:

Just a quick email to confirm both your electric and gas has switch to Outfox the market as of the 28/2/2018.

Ignore Iresa for the time being. Wait for OFTM to send E-mails saying what is happening. Then contact OFTM about 14 days after switch is due to take place to confirm that it has happened for both fuels.

I am now going to update my open ticket with Iresa to say OFTM has confirmed switch for both fuels and when are they going to react?
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Do outfox the market accept FIT readings and pay for energy generated?
    I am very keen to switch as I use high electric and outfox’s monthly fixed charge and lower electric kw unit cost works well for me however I can’t see any info on whether I can switch my feed In tariff - or should I leave this with Scottish power my current provider??
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Jn2000 wrote: »
    Do outfox the market accept FIT readings and pay for energy generated?
    I am very keen to switch as I use high electric and outfox’s monthly fixed charge and lower electric kw unit cost works well for me however I can’t see any info on whether I can switch my feed In tariff - or should I leave this with Scottish power my current provider??

I have a SP system and my FIT goes through Good Energy. Salesman from install company recommended them. Slow payers but I have been with them 4 years and happy to stay. In that time I have moved energy suppliers 3 times. Never been a problem Leave it where it is.

Only time I will move FIT provider is if I move my Energy Supplier to EON as they pay FIT very very quickly.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• art-webber
    art-webber Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 27 March 2018 at 12:13AM
    I'm thinking of switching from First Utility to Outfox the Market's 18 month dual fuel fixed tariff.
    I wasn't at all clear on whether the membership fee part of the deal was also fixed for the term of the contract. Their website is all jolly and cartoony but a bit light on those details.
    If my actual electricity usage is more than estimated, I could be moved to a higher fee band. Fair enough. But I wanted to be sure they can't slap a few more quid onto the band rates.

I emailed them on Saturday and got a response Monday. Oddly, it has a caveat at the end of it.... the email may be subject to legal privilege; the content may not be copied or disclosed to anyone else. OFTM don't accept legal responsibility for the email content because email is not a secure method of communication.

So, I'd love to tell you what the content of their email was, but apparently I can't. Suffice it to say that I would have signed up happily - if it wasn't for the fact that OFTM seem to be disclaiming all responsibility for what they told me. Should I be worried by this?

The maximum membership fee is currently £13.99 pcm. That equates to about 45p per day, which is not far off what other suppliers are charging for standing order on electric plus gas. 'Fixed' does apparently mean fixed - both rates and membership fees. But don't quote me on that.
  • jolly_olly
    jolly_olly Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm really frustrated with OFTM at the moment.

Our switchover was completed on 22 March (allegedly since I've never received an email confirming it), and despite reporting it to them 5 times, I am still unable to enter meter readings online. There is literally nowhere to enter them.

They keep telling me to wait 48 hours while they fix something in the background, but nothing changes.
  • donerkebab
    donerkebab Posts: 177 Forumite
    jolly_olly wrote: »
    I'm really frustrated with OFTM at the moment.

Our switchover was completed on 22 March (allegedly since I've never received an email confirming it), and despite reporting it to them 5 times, I am still unable to enter meter readings online. There is literally nowhere to enter them.

They keep telling me to wait 48 hours while they fix something in the background, but nothing changes.

Have you confirmed with old provider switch has completed away? Can you provide your readings manually so the bills are accurate? I been told my switch will be going ahead next week - again we shall see......
    In the words of Jerry Maguire "SHOW ME THE MONEY"
  • jolly_olly
    jolly_olly Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    My previous supplier is (was?) Iresa so getting them to confirm anything is nigh on impossible. I have been providing my meter readings to OFTM manually, but I really shouldn't have to.
  • I switched on the MSE energy club recommendation but what a horror show this was. They moved the Electric over fine but the Gas was a complete shambles! It was meant to switch 18th Feb but today (29th March) i've cancelled and gone back to Green Network Energy.

They (Outfox) were saying my gas MPRN was wrong and that it belonged to another address (my house was known as a different address over 10 years ago). They fobbed me off saying to go back to GNE to get them to change it, but GNE had everything fine. Outfox took forever to reply. My first email to them was the 1st of March. It's been a horrible painful experience. Avoid at all costs!
  • editor1
    editor1 Posts: 287 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Dee4life wrote: »
    I switched on the MSE energy club recommendation but what a horror show this was. They moved the Electric over fine but the Gas was a complete shambles! It was meant to switch 18th Feb but today (29th March) i've cancelled and gone back to Green Network Energy.

They (Outfox) were saying my gas MPRN was wrong and that it belonged to another address (my house was known as a different address over 10 years ago). They fobbed me off saying to go back to GNE to get them to change it, but GNE had everything fine. Outfox took forever to reply. My first email to them was the 1st of March. It's been a horrible painful experience. Avoid at all costs!

Not encouraging, but !!!!-ups happen. My own Switch goes through on 4 April, so will see how it goes - we are on a Smart Meter presently, so OFTM have all of that, and we need to put readings in online as of the 4th and see how it goes, if its a disaster, well my folks won't be happy, but can always switch again if they breach contract.
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    jolly_olly wrote: »
    My previous supplier is (was?) Iresa so getting them to confirm anything is nigh on impossible. I have been providing my meter readings to OFTM manually, but I really shouldn't have to.

If your switch from Iresa has actually occurred, you should have received the following:

1. An email from Iresa confirming the switch from them will occur - typically sent about 1 week before switch date
    (Check your support tickets using your online account where it should also be posted)

2. Confirmation of your final meter readings to be used by Iresa (assuming you new supplier has forwarded theses) - typically sent during the week after the switch takes place, assuming you provided the meter readings on the actual switch day.
    (Check your support tickets using your online account where it should also be posted)

3. You can see if your contract has ended within your online Iresa account.
    Login>My Details
    If you then scroll down, you will see contract details e.g tariff name, start date, end date, etc.
    If you have been switched, the end date will be the date you switched (or possibly the day before to ensure you are not double charged standing cahrges for the day you switched)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback