What's your current success rate?

I've been comping on and off this past year for month or two at a time. I seem to win 4 small things a month, taking part in around 400-500 comps a month. So 1 in 125?

I'd enter more but as i don't want to spam friends on facebook, it limits me. And I've become stricter on myself in terms of what I enter.

How are you all doing at the moment?

Comments

• ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I don't really keep a track of how many I enter, some days I enter none some days I enter what seems a lot. My average wins work out just over 1 per day x
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I don't really count, but I'd guess my win rate is more like 1/4000 or 1/5000, if you take into account multiple entries, such as mag daily and click to wins and gleam. ( I currently do around 250 a day of these) I tend to win around a couple of times a month, but I enter mostly for bigger prizes and I don't do FB. This year I have been quite lucky. I could probably increase my ratio if I entered for more books, CD's and DVD's.
  • Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I don't count how many I enter as everyday is different, I can enter 1 or 2 a day or spend 5 hours entering but I win anywhere from 2 prizes to 12 prizes a month.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • L_Sym
    L_Sym Posts: 317 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    God now I sound so unlucky, I enter lots, on mulitple sites etc and I've only won once this year... and that was a bunch of flowers. I must enter around 100 a day!

Well done to your wins though and an obvious massive thankyou to the posters.
    Started 2011

Lost count but from 2019- £750
    2020- perfume, GIN, bag - approx 300£
    2021- 150 voucher,
    2022- book
    2023- £100
  • hdh74
    hdh74 Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Much worse than yours OP!
    2018 - £562  2019 - £130 2020 - £276  2021 - £106 2022 - £140
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    I don't keep track (I should try that though) I pretty much just enter as I see them. Only three wins so far this year (one for the last three months) There was a noted decline last year too but I still averaged one win a month.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • KITTYKOMP
    KITTYKOMP Posts: 252 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    ikkle87 wrote: »
    I don't really keep a track of how many I enter, some days I enter none some days I enter what seems a lot. My average wins work out just over 1 per day x

One a day?! How many do you enter? I struggle with 1 a month if I'm lucky. Can I ask do you enter for lots of small things?
  • ikkle87
    ikkle87 Posts: 8,449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    KITTYKOMP wrote: »
    One a day?! How many do you enter? I struggle with 1 a month if I'm lucky. Can I ask do you enter for lots of small things?

I don't really keep count. Some days I don't enter any comps or if I do its just the odd one I've seen on facebook when scrolling through etc. I enter for a mix of things, have no problem with entering for smaller things like books or dvd's if they are something my son would enjoy but have won several larger prizes too.

Smaller prizes include Star Wars plasters and collectors tins, books, dvds, face masks.

Bigger prizes include £300 love to shop vouchers, 2 designer watches, Nintendo Switch, Huawei P20 smartphone and a £500 Little Tikes toy bundle.

Personally I don't stress about the numbers I enter anymore, I just enter what I can and try to look for lower entry comps or competitions that require a bit of effort, for example I won 8 prizes from pancake day photo competitions x
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,894 Forumite
    I do not spend anytime to count how many I have entered.

I do know how many I have won but that is just a consequence of keeping track of the value of my winnings - all that matters to me is I am happy to do it and secondarily that the return justifies the time spent, the actual number entered is irrelevant.
  • frances93
    frances93 Posts: 138 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Im quite picky with what I enter, Ill only enter if I feel a prize is something I want need or would be a good present for someone. So my wins just latley are once in a blue moon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure