Meriva 2011 fuel problem

Ginnib
Ginnib Posts: 4 Newbie
First Anniversary
Can anyone help.
My Meriva keeps jumping when I accelerate as if the fuel isnt getting through and also over accelerates when im stopped. Thought of fuel filter but europarts say life time so presume its the pump but dont want to go to the garage without a better idea and also idea on cost.
Can anyone help please?

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Lifetime fuel filter???

When was it serviced last and what have the garage said about it?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• markudman
    markudman Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Hi I take it (lifetime Filter) its petrol, Can you tell me engine size please.

On the Z16LET from model year 2006, the fuel filter remains outside the fuel tank. On all other petrol engines from chassis number W0L0XCE7564246705, the fuel filter is part of the in-tank module and no longer has to be changed at specified intervals. For this reason, the fuel filter cannot be replaced separately. When carrying out servicing work, the entire in-tank module has to be replaced. '
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
  • forgotmyname
    It can be cleaned though, although most garages wont bother with that. More money/profit to just replace it?

• markudman
    markudman Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    It can be cleaned though, although most garages wont bother with that. More money/profit to just replace it?
    yes you can clean it,( you can also clean your pistons) but you have to remove the tank its part of the sender unit, I have never had a problem with fuel blockages on the whole range of Vauxhalls with a in tank filter,

But this being a petrol Vauxhall the problem is more likely a Misfire, as petrol Vauxhall suffer them this.
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
  • angrycrow
    angrycrow Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Best to get the fault codes read by a garage to see what is going on.

Don't these have fly by wire accelerator pedals like the Corsa. The Corsa has a known issue with the pedal potentiometers failing which causes incorrect or no signals from the pedal unit.

Other likely answer as already suggested is misfire from bad coils.
  • Ginnib
    First Anniversary
    Thanks guys.
    My service is due in august.
    I have the engine symbol come on when i put in any other fuel than shell and the garage have said it could be the fuel is rubbish but thats the only management light that comes on.
    One of you mentioned misfire, would this cause the same problems.
    If it is the fuel pump is it a big job and expensive?
    Thanks
  • Ginnib
    First Anniversary
    Oh and I never have trouble starting the car. The problems are the car seems to splutter on acceleration and over revs when stopped.
    Thanks again for any advice.
  • ratrace
    ratrace Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    Ginnib wrote: »
    Oh and I never have trouble starting the car. The problems are the car seems to splutter on acceleration and over revs when stopped.
    Thanks again for any advice.

Mate you need to take to a garage to have it looked at there is no point in guessing about what it could be, if its petrol it could be plugs, sensors, coils, split pipe etc...

let them have a look at it then take it from there
    People are caught up in an egotistic artificial rat race to display a false image to society. We want the biggest house, fanciest car, and we don't mind paying the sky high mortgage to put up that show. We sacrifice our biggest assets our health and time, We feel happy when we see people look up to us and see how successful we are”

Rat Race
  • oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    angrycrow wrote: »
    Best to get the fault codes read by a garage to see what is going on.

Don't these have fly by wire accelerator pedals like the Corsa. The Corsa has a known issue with the pedal potentiometers failing which causes incorrect or no signals from the pedal unit.

Other likely answer as already suggested is misfire from bad coils.

I've owned two Merivas (Diesel) and seem to remember they were definitely "fly by wire". The last one was a 2008:)
  • forgotmyname
    Ginnib wrote: »
    Thanks guys.
    My service is due in august.
    I have the engine symbol come on when i put in any other fuel than shell and the garage have said it could be the fuel is rubbish but thats the only management light that comes on.
    One of you mentioned misfire, would this cause the same problems.
    If it is the fuel pump is it a big job and expensive?
    Thanks

Your service maybe due in august, but thats 3 months away and you maybe causing damage in the meantime.

You have a fault get it fixed now.. :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure