IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Please clarify route to now take with PCN

13»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    That's fine.
    Informal appeal rejection: 1 March (so 28 from this date?)
    POPLA codes last for 32 days so submit it right at the end of the month - Easter Saturday.

Don't forget. Diarise it.

You want to make it so they have little chance to rescue it! In your case it pays to delay it a bit.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    That's fine.

POPLA codes last for 32 days so submit it right at the end of the month - Easter Saturday.

Don't forget. Diarise it.

You want to make it so they have little chance to rescue it! In your case it pays to delay it a bit.

Thank you Coupon-mad, unfortunately, as I hadn't received any responses (my post with dates in was 4th March and my last post was 7 March) I sent the appeal to POPLA this week. I can but hope I guess.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 17 March 2018 at 3:12PM
    Why oh why oh why, give them time to serve a NTK? What was the rush?

You were meant to wait till day 26 before first appeal, then go to the wire at POPLA stage, so that your timeline exceeded 56 days (or was an near as dammit) by the time the PPC sees the POPLA appeal.

If they are not as dumb as some, the PPC could now serve a NTK to you and then include it in their POPLA evidence in April. Luckily, most are too stupid and you won't be paying them anyway!
  • 10_66
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Why oh why oh why, give them time to serve a NTK? What was the rush?

You were meant to wait till day 26 before first appeal, then go to the wire at POPLA stage, so that your timeline exceeded 56 days (or was an near as dammit) by the time the PPC sees the POPLA appeal...

As mentioned (more than once) in my earlier posts, I DID NOT KNOW about the intricacies of the 26 days etc until AFTER I'd sent my appeal to them. I cannot know information until I've read it, and I didn't read about it until AFTER I'd sent my informal appeal to them. I'd love to be a clairvoyant, but I'm not. Why are you always so harsh? I've done the best I can. I wouldn't have sent the POPLA appeal when I did if someone had replied to my posts dated 4th and 7th March.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    10_66 wrote: »
    I wouldn't have sent the POPLA appeal when I did if someone had replied to my posts dated 4th and 7th March.
    Then why did you send it before getting a reply?
    You still had plenty of time.
    Would've been wise to wait a bit longer - even if your crystal ball wasn't functioning properly. ;)
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 18 March 2018 at 6:50PM
    It's not the first 28 days I was querying (I realise loads of people rush to appeal without researching it first, all the time on here, sadly). It's the second one...you knew by this point, that the PPC had 56 days to send a NTK to you, so a quick calculation to Easter weekend tells you that you'd have been much closer to timing them out. Missed a trick, that's all.

I did add:
    Luckily, most are too stupid and you won't be paying them anyway!
    We are on your side, sorry of we come across as 'cruel to be kind'. No upset intended, it's just that we do get very frustrated when we see cases appealed before people get here. 90% of the time it means the OP has already shot several toes off...very sad, and harder to win...makes us a snappy sometimes after we've handled twenty threads here (in our own time, very often after a full day at work) and half of the posters have ruined their chances. Maybe I saw yours after seeing ten more disappointing ones!

Never mind, you will not be paying and they are probably going to forget the NTK anyway.
  • 10_66
    KeithP wrote: »
    Then why did you send it before getting a reply?
    You still had plenty of time.
    Would've been wise to wait a bit longer - even if your crystal ball wasn't functioning properly. ;)

Look, if you have nothing of any value to say, then please don't bother posting on this thread. How many times to have to say, I DID NOT REALISE, I had read the various threads, numerous times! This may be your speciality, but I'm sure there must be something in this world that you do not know the answers to. Stop being so sanctimonious!

I have been a forum member on MSE for many years, and I have to say that fortunately, most of the time, the "experts" and non-experts are always very helpful, without having an attitude. On the occasions that I've given information (yes, believe it or not I have!), I have done so without being condescending or demeaning, thankfully, as these are not good traits - and all this after a full days work, and after looking after a parent with dementia.

Thanks to those who have helped me on here so far. However, I find the attitude and atmosphere on the Parking Tickets part of the forum most unwelcoming (not just on my thread, but on many others I've read over the last 3 weeks) so I won't be looking for further help on this part of the forum.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    10_66 wrote: »
    Look, if you have nothing of any value to say, then please don't bother posting on this thread. How many times to have to say, I DID NOT REALISE, I had read the various threads, numerous times! This may be your speciality, but I'm sure there must be something in this world that you do not know the answers to. Stop being so sanctimonious!
    But you asked for help and then didn't wait for it.

Crazy!
  • 10_66
    KeithP wrote: »
    But you asked for help and then didn't wait for it.

Crazy!

I waited 2 full weeks from when I posted my POPLA appeal letter here asking if all was ok (4th March). During that time I posted again on the 7th to bump it, just in case it'd been missed.

You will notice that in my post #12 I referred to someone else's thread (because it was same PPC), which hadn't had any follow up comments on it (ie I didn't know whether or not to use it), and Fruitcake's reply was "MMM84 hasn't posted on the PoPLA decisions thread so we don't know if they were successful".

As there hadn't been any final affirmations or suggestions on MMM84's thread (and possibly the reason why the poster hadn't come back to say whether or not appeal had been successful), I could see that I may not get any feedback from forum users as MMM84's last post was August 2017, without comment.
  • Coupon-mad
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure