5 yrs old hates swimming lessons

Options
124»

Comments

• seven-day-weekend
    Options
    I hate swimming and in fact I hate going in water generally, especially swimming pools, they are so big and blue and look deep and I am convinced they are going to drown me.. I don't know where this fear sprang from, I have never been comfortable with it. I did learn to swim when I was in my 40s, to see if that would combat the fear but it hasn't.

Don't make this little boy like me, fearful of water still at 69 years of age. Just let him have fun.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Do they go abroad? If there's a pool, I've always found it a brilliant place for kids to learn (at least not to be frightened of water!). I remember loving it on holiday when I was about 5 or 6. I also remember taking my ex BF's son to Tenerife who was scared of the water and getting his head under, but after a day or two, me and him were playing for ages in the water, and he made a friend and they were doing all these different shaped jumps into the water and loving it. Couldn't get him out by the end of the holiday!
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport