Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    That sounds good, beanie, glad to hear it.

Yes it is indeed good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    In other news I have had my odd job man round.
    My wooden conservatory has a hole on one bit of it because the wood has started to rot. It is slightly worse than I thought but anyway it needs to be sorted. So he will do it ASAP so more moisture/rain doesent get in & make it even worse.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have you mended after your tumble at the crossing. The acupuncture sounds like it really helps you .

Good to get jobs done .
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    In other news I have had my odd job man round.
    My wooden conservatory has a hole on one bit of it because the wood has started to rot. It is slightly worse than I thought but anyway it needs to be sorted. So he will do it ASAP so more moisture/rain doesent get in & make it even worse.

Yes better to get it done before it gets worse and costs more. Annoying though.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    Options
    Yes better to get it done before it gets worse and costs more. Annoying though.

Yes, could certainly have done without it.
    As you say needs to be done now before it gets any worse.
    It has served me so well over the years & I love it in the summer as it is so warm.
    Anyway my odd job man is fab & will do a fab job & wont rip me off which is great:)

• beanielou
    Options
    Have you mended after your tumble at the crossing. The acupuncture sounds like it really helps you .

Good to get jobs done .

Getting there slowly.
    Still quite bruised and sore but it could have been so much worse.

• beanielou
    Options
    A funny wee story!!
    It got very cold in the house earlier.
    Thought on flip the heating is not working :eek:
    Well it wasent because the cat was lying on the controller & it was registering his heat :eek: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    That's my best boy :rotfl:

• abba1772
    abba1772 Posts: 7,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Aww even your cat is mse saving you money on heating xx
    NEXT TARGET: Halifax credit card DEC 22 £0 / £4499.12
    POAMAYC 2011 £6378.35 POAMAYC 2012 £5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 £3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 £4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 £7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 £8000.90 POAMAYC 2017 £7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 £13208.18POAMAYC 2019 £13309.28 POAMAYC 2020 £15026.05
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Funny cat :rotfl::rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Thought on flip the heating is not working :eek:
    I demand that the weather recognise it is Spring! not Winter!
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family